I Kicked A Vampire - Part 1

Chapter 1:

It all started on Thursday morning.

It was like any other day. I woke up, took a quick shower, got dressed, did my make up, ate breakfast, packed lunch and went on my way to Crystal Valley High School.

"Hey Allie!"

Climbing out of my car, my eyes light up when I see my friends running towards me.

Would you like a quick introduction? Veronica the pretty though dumb one. Kayla the average, but athletic one. Mia the exotic beauty and whore of our group. Stephanie the insanely intelligent, crazy one who's pretty average looking as well. Then there's me...

Allison McCourt. I'm about 5'7" and skinny...that comes from years of eating disorders when I was younger. I'm kind of gangly with stringy ginger hair and freckles. My eyes are bright green and I guess I'm pretty. I'm not beautiful by a mile and due to the dark under eye circles I have from lack of sleep (exams people, gotta study!) and deathly pale skin, I tend to look a bit...I don't know ghost-ish. I think the thing I hate about myself most is the fact that due to the anorexia, I have no boobs...I'm rather flat chested and guys at my school love something to hold onto apparently (this information comes from listening about Mia's newest adventure).

My family moved to Crystal Valley when I was six and I met Sephy (Stephanie) a week after we moved in. We've been best friends ever since.

My family consists of two parents, Elisa and Derrick McCourt and four siblings. I'm the middle child. My big brothers Matt and Patrick are eighteen and twenty one. My little brother and little sister Jeremy and Mikhaila are twelve and fourteen. I'm sixteen, turning seventeen in three days, the 7th of April.

Anyway, enough about...well...THEM.

Thursday.

Being bombarded by my friends as soon as I park is nothing new. I experience it everyday, but for some reason, today they seem to be bubbling with excitement.

"Okay you guys. Enough with the pleasantries. What's up?" I question them, my mind whirring with endless possibilities of what's making them so excited.

Vera (Veronica) jumps forward and her hand shoots up, "Ooh! Ooh! Me! Please pick me!"

I laugh and nod and she continues, "We have new students! Two INSANELY dreamy guys!"

Boys. That's all they think about, boys.

"You're excited about a couple of boys?" I ask them, rolling my eyes in disappointment.

"Hell yeah! These two are yummy!" Kayla, who I'm ashamed to say, I figured was a lesbian due to her lack of interest in men...wait...oh that could be me?

Am I a lesbian?

I stare at Mia. Shaking my head I come to the conclusion that I am not lesbian.

"I see. Well yummy or not, I really couldn't care less." I explain with a smile.

The girls merely nod as I wander away from them.

The bell rings and I sigh and make my way to my first class. PE.

I love PE. I'm not as athletic as Kayla, but I'm pretty good at exercising.

Changing into my PE gear, I start running, I always complete six laps before and after PE, just to get my heart pounding.

"Hello there."

Glancing to my left, I see him. He must be one of the new guys. The girls were right, he is 'good looking'.

"Greetings."

My head swings around to the right and I let out an agitated grown at the sight of the other one.

Both were pale. About as pale as me and tall, at least 6'2" maybe taller. One had pitch black hair and dark blue eyes. The other had the same dark blue eyes, but had sandy blonde hair.

I think the most disgusting thing about them is the fact they both KNOW they're good looking. I can tell by the way they hold themselves as they run.

Shaking my head, I run faster to get away from them and finish my running quicker than I do usually.

We're playing soccer today. Woo! *hint sarcasm*

As I was running around the grass, I felt something come right up behind me.

"Hey beautiful."

Freezing on the spot, I glare at the dark haired new guy as he runs off chuckling at me.

The ball comes towards me.

I'm going to the left, but he's standing to the right...

Kicking the ball to my right, I keep the ball, swerving to miss other players in my team as I get nearer to him.

When I'm just a metre away from him, I swing to kick the ball but accidentally miss and get Mr Yummy in his crown jewels.

His eyes widen as his hands shoot down to cup and he slows drops to the ground.

Smirking at getting my revenge, I glare down at him, "Don't call me beautiful. You don't even know me."

Turning around, I roll my eyes and kick the ball back into the game while I go and run laps around the field yet again as punishment for my cruel act.

1 lap...2 laps...3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...12, 15, 19...

I'm losing count.

I can hear the coach yelling at me to stop and come back into the game, but I don't.

I push myself onward concentrating only on the sound of my feet hitting the ground in the repetitive thud, thud, thud sound.

Suddenly I stop, physically unable to go any further as I collapse.

"She's dehydrated. She pushed herself too hard. Silly girl..." coaches voice seems far far away to me.

I must have passed out because when I open my eyes I'm at home.

"Look who's awake. Welcome back sleeping beauty."

That voice...urgh, the one that's been grating on my nerves, invading my dreams with its sheer obnoxiousness.

Sitting up, I rub my head and grab the glass of water nearby, drinking the contents of the glass quickly to soothe my dry throat.

"What are you doing here?" I hiss at HIM.

Black haired boy chuckles, "Well I carried you home. You were passed out and coach agreed to let me go home too."

Turning away from him, I make a 'hmmph' sound and stand up shakily. I feel like throwing up.

Stumbling down the hallway outside my room, I enter the bathroom and bring up the breakfast I had consumed this morning.

"And why didn't you leave to go home?" I demand to know.

"Well, I couldn't be bothered. I'm Bailey by the way. It would be nice to know the name of my attacker and the girl I rescued." He exclaims as he leans against the bathroom doorframe.

Turning to glance up at him, I stand up and clean my face in the sink, "Get out of my house." I tell him sternly.

His eyes flash with some unknown emotion...wait. No he just looks genuinely shocked.

"What? You never been rejected before?" I ask him.

Bailey's head moves up and down slowly as he stares at me in disbelief, "Never...I mean...look at me!" he motions to himself and I poke a finger in my mouth to imitate puking.

"Yeah okay let's get this straight. You may be attractive and alluring and whatever other synonyms you can think of for those, towards OTHER girls, but listen here honey. You just aren't my type." I tell him as I push him out down the hallway and out the front door.

Who does he think he is?!