Chapter 11

Sorry it has been so long since my last upload but I have been unwell and battling a the disease I suffer from! So please enjoy and comment and vote! It always puts a smile on my face :)

Chapter Eleven

            I tried to open my eyes, but waves of nausea had me squeezing them shut. Pain filled my consciousness and I moaned. I could hear movement close by, but at the moment I didn’t care who or what it was.

            “Kara?” I heard a voice, his voice.

            Despite wanting to keep them closed, I peeled my eyes open to see Landon’s concerned face above mine.

            “What?” I croaked.

            “I want to heal you but I need you to be awake for it,” he said, brushing my bangs to the side. That small touch nearly made me forget the pain I was in.

            “Heal me?”

            “Yes, Kara I can heal you.” He looked deep into my eyes and I found it impossible to look away from those silver eyes.

            “How?” I asked, my eyes never leaving his.

            “I already pulled the stake out when you were unconscious so you wouldn’t have to endure that pain.”

            “Thanks,” I replied dryly, thinking how it wouldn’t have been there in the first place if it weren’t for him.

            He backed away, giving me the chance to get a look at my surroundings. I was in a room that was pretty much all white, with a few black and red accents. Even though the room was so stark, it was tastefully decorated and I realized I was lying on a couch.

            Landon was in the kitchen just off where I was on the couch, fiddling with something. Bandages? He came around the counter, his hands full of gauze and a pair of scissors. I was starting to freak out a little.

            He knelt beside me and I was unable to take my eyes off him. What the hell was he going to do to me? Leaning over he gently brushed his lips over mine, causing me to react in a way I didn’t want to at the moment. Warmth spread through my face and down to the rest of my body. Man whenever he touched me, it made me forget my pain!

            “I’m going to try my best not to hurt you,” he whispered, pulling back.

            I nodded my head.

            He picked up the scissors and gently pulled my shirt away from my shoulder. I could feel my face heating up with embarrassment. How much was he going to have to cut away? Slowly he began to cut my shirt, his face concentrating on his task. He cut from the neck line to the end of the sleeve and folded down the fabric to reveal my shoulder. I couldn’t help but look over, and instantly regretted it. My shoulder had a huge gaping hole in it that was still leaking blood down over my arm. I groaned and looked away.

            “Did I hurt you?” Landon asked, his voice filled with concern.

            “No,” I replied, staring at the ceiling. “I just didn’t know it was that bad.”

            “Don’t worry, when I’m done with you there won’t even be a scar.”

            I smiled weakly.

            Landon started to dab at my wound with the gauze, trying to soak up the excess blood and I flinched.

            “Sorry,” he said again.

            “It’s okay,” I gritted my teeth.

            Soon he was finished cleaning my wound and stopped dabbing at it. Thankfully! I looked over at him and he smiled apologetically, raising his wrist to his own mouth. When he opened his mouth I could see his large fangs and I looked up into his eyes startled. They flashed like they had in my basement earlier and he bit into his wrist. The sound brought bile up into my throat and I had to keep myself from gagging.

            Ignoring my reaction he brought his wrist over my wound and proceeded to let the free flowing blood drip down onto my shoulder. I looked up at Landon, but he wouldn’t meet my eyes as he did this.

            After a moment Landon brought his wrist to his mouth and licked his wound. The blood then stopped dripping from his wrist. I was learning a whole lot of new things today I didn’t think I was ready to find out about, but I had little choice.

            My shoulder started to tingle and I gasped. It didn’t hurt, but I had never felt anything like it in my life. I looked over at my wound and could see the flesh knitting itself back together. Holy shit! This couldn’t be happening.

            My gaze shot back to Landon but he was getting up and heading to the kitchen again. I watched him as he grabbed a cloth and ran it under the tap getting it wet. He came back over to me and I looked back at my shoulder, the tingling had stopped.

            “Are you ready?” Landon asked, his face only inches from mine.

            He was kneeling at my side again. The speed at which he did things still took my breath away. It was something that would take me a while to get used to.

            I nodded. I was having trouble finding my voice and considering what I was going through it was understandable.

            Landon placed the cloth on my shoulder and started to gently mop away the blood, showing clean, unmarked skin beneath. I gasped with shock, even though he had warned me I still couldn’t believe my eyes. When he had managed to clean away all the blood, I stared unbelieving at the spot the stake had pierced my skin. It was as if nothing had ever happened. There wasn’t even a speck of a scar, my skin was smooth and white like it had always been.

            I looked up into Landon’s handsome face.

            “How?”