Chapter 2

Chapter Two

            My mind was telling me to get the hell out of that room but I couldn’t control my limbs. He blinked and I was free from whatever was holding me to that spot. I stood up and watched as his head slumped against his chest. I backed up to the door without tripping again and stared at him.

            He was close to my age. He had a tall lean frame, and I could see he was quite muscular by the way the muscles bulged on his restrained arms. His hair was dark brown and short cropped around the sides and back and left to grow a little longer on the top. I hadn’t seen what color his eyes were because they had been glowing and his mouth was a mystery because he was gagged.

            He moaned again and I jumped. Damn I was jumpy, but rightly so. His moan had pierced me right in the chest. I felt bad for him. What could he have done that was so bad to cause my parents to tie him up and leave him in our basement? Oh crap, I couldn’t leave him like this.

            I took a step forward hesitantly. Oh man was I going to regret this? I was still a little thrown off by how his eyes had shone in the dark, but I pushed those thoughts aside. Reaching him I crouched down in front of him and he moved slightly and I gasped. Calm down you idiot, I scolded myself.

            I tentatively reached up and pulled at the material that was tied across his mouth, working down past his chin. He opened his mouth and took a deep breath, showing off over large incisors. Well actually they were what I would consider closer to fangs. I stood up suddenly. What the hell? His eyes glowed and he had….fangs? This was getting too weird for me.

            “Thank-you,” a deep voice said.

            I let out an embarrassing squeak. He had spoken to me. I nearly fainted from fright and I wasn’t one to faint.

            “W-who are you?” I stuttered.

            “Landon,’ he replied, looking at me. His eyes weren’t glowing, but it was still hard to see what color they were, grey perhaps?

            “Landon?” I repeated.

            “Yes and you are?” he asked, a curious look on his face.

            “Kara,” I replied without realising it.

            “That’s a beautiful name,” he said, causing me to look away with embarrassment.

            “Why are you tied up in my parent’s basement?” I snapped. I didn’t know if he was a murderer or some kind of criminal and I wanted to know.

            “This is your parent’s house?” he asked, confused. I nodded. “And you don’t know why I’m being held prisoner?”

            I rolled my eyes, “Duh. If I knew I wouldn’t be asking. My parents won’t let me in on the secret of the family business,” I added before I could shut my damn mouth. What the hell was wrong with me?

            “So you don’t have any clue as to what your parents do?” he asked, shocked.

            “No perhaps you would like to fill me in?” I asked, squirming under the intensity of his gaze.

Damn he was hot. Holy crap did I just think he was hot? Wow I must be desperate to think this poor guy tied up in my basement was hot, but I couldn’t help it there was just something about him that had me enthralled.

“I don’t think it is my place to tell you. You should try asking your parents,” he suggested.

“Don’t you think I have?” I couldn’t help how cranky I had gotten. It wasn’t Landon’s fault this was just a touchy subject for me.

            “Sorry,” he said, catching on to my sudden mood change and remained silent.

            I got an idea. “So why are they keeping you here?” I asked, trying to just seem curious about his situation. I think he was too smart for that cause he grinned. Wow he had a nice smile, minus the fangs. Creepy!

            “They think I did something, but they have me confused with someone else,” he said, somberly.

            “Well why didn’t you tell them that?” I asked.

 I couldn’t believe my parents would wrongly accuse someone of something if they weren’t totally sure. Maybe he was lying. Whatever they thought he did, he probably did do it. I crossed my arms over my chest.

“They didn’t give me a chance, they just grabbed me and knocked me out before I got a chance to explain,” he said, looking into my eyes. Oh shit, that was it, there was no way I could resist those eyes.

I stepped forward and then behind him and looked at the chains that were binding him to the chair. They were padlocked. Damn my parents didn’t want him to escape and I was probably going to regret what I was about to do. Luckily I learnt how to pick locks from one of my unsavory friends. I pulled out a couple of hair pins I had holding my hair back and set to picking the locks on his chains. My parents were going to kill me.