epilogue

last chapter .

✦✦✦

Answers.

Where was Maz when things first happened with Tyler? He was in a guest room, about to have sex with a girl, but neither of them had condoms. He had the tv on to block out the party noise, and somehow didn't hear a gunshot.

I let Troye keep Crystal. It was weird to me that he wanted her, especially since he spent so long telling me to get rid of her, or "it" as he liked to call her.

Where the fuck were Joe and Caspar? They went to the Badlands Motel, Room 93. Turns out that's kind of their "thing". They have sex more there than they do in their actual home.

Yes, I kept that promise to myself. I cried less.

Tyler is in jail, but he gets treatment for his... Mental illness? I don't even know what to call it. He confessed to it all.

You might be wondering, What was the dream, Connor?!

Well, hold on, I'm going to tell you.

This is the transcript of Tyler's confession.

Officer: Can you tell me, why? Why'd you do it.
Tyler: He told me to! He told me, he saved my life, and I had to pay him back!
Officer: Who is "he" and what did he tell you?
Tyler: [grunt] Connor! I almost died and he... he told me that he didn't love Troye, and needed me to get him away from him. And something about ice cream...
Officer: Connor Franta told you all this?
Tyler: Yes! In my dream he came to me and—
Officer: [scoffs] In your dream? [stands] Stanley! I can't do this, he's insane! [walks out]

Turns out Tyler over heard our conversation in the hospital, but since he was halfway under already, details got jumbled.

And the toaster fire? You'll never believe what happened.

Yes, I am a clickbait article.

Turns out the fire was caused by Tyler. He knew we ate avocado on toast and snuck into our house and fucked with our toaster.

Turns out Troye isn't that bad of a cook.

✦✦✦

Maz is a great cook. He's also a great boyfriend, and the months after the incident he was always there to comfort me.

I felt protected. I felt loved.

We were so compatible. We never had any problems, the entire year we dated.

Just endless love. And great sex.

It was everything I could've asked for.

But yet, it wasn't enough.

✦✦✦
[ONE YEAR LATER]

The Grammys. One year later, and we're back where we started.

I'm not nervous this time. I walk the red carpet, with grace, I'm okay.

Troye is nominated again. For his song, for him.