I Needed You//Blackbear

When I needed you the most,
I needed you,
I fucking needed you the most,
I needed you,
The most
{I Needed You, Blackbear}

✦✦✦

Sometimes, when you're going through tough shit,

You want to get away,

So you do other things, but

Your tough shit will always catch up to you,

No matter where you go

✦✦✦

"Where do you think he went, Joe?" I ask, cruising...

In his car. It was just a better car.

"I don't know, Connor, why can't we just go home?" He replies sullenly.

"You mean that hollowed out potato you're living in? Yeah, no."

He grunts.

"Please, Connor, I don't want to speak to Caspar, he left me, I don't know if I can—"

"Look, Joe, you love him don't you," I pause for barely enough time for him to  nod. "And he loves you, I'm sure of it. I've been in enough arguments with Troye to realize that when things get hard, you can't just give up and walk out. Or let someone walk out."

"You and Troye? Argue? You two are everyone's relationship goals! What could you possible argue about?"

I look at him like he's a fool—because he is—and think about the long list of things.

"For starters, Tyler."

"Really? I thought you and Tyler were good friends? All I read is—"

"Lies. All you read is lies, because all he is trying to do is get everyone to turn on me."

"How so?"

"Well, let's see," I say sarcastically. "He exposed my depression and anxiety to the entire world—"

"Not the entire world, just first world countries with, you know, internet and resources, and—"

"Okay? He exposed me to two thirds of the world. Is that better?"

Joe nods.

"He tried to sex my boyfriend, with no success, obviously, or I wouldn't still be fighting."

"He tried to have sex with Troye?"

"I don't know, Zoe says—"

"I wouldn't trust what Zoe says, Con, she's still been hanging out with him this whole time."

"What?" I stop the car.

"Connor, we all have, we didn't know about any of this. Except Zo, I guess."

We sit in silence for a little.

"Are you all dumb?" I shout.

"What?"

"Are you all dumb? That is the only reasonable way that none of you could've noticed. I mean, come on, Tilly, sent the tip about my anxiety. All those rumors about Troye and who? TYLER."

"Tyler exposed my razor to the paparazzi in front of my house, which, I don't even know how he knew about that, not even Zoe could've told him that, and," I start to sob. "I'm falling apart, Joe, I-I really don't know what to do, I just-I just want out."