Someone New//Banks

(a/n bear with me, this is a crazy one)

✦✦✦

Everything I make,
I only make for you,
Baby, be patient for me
And please don't fall in love with someone new
I promise one day, I'll come back for you
{Someone New, Banks}

✦✦✦

I write these diary entries from my honeymoon suite in Hawaii

So yes, Troye and I end up together, happy,

But just not the way you'd think

✦✦✦

I wake up and Troye isn't next to me.

I panic. You shouldn't be surprised, I've done it a lot at this point.

"Troye?!"

No answer.

I felt like I had PTSD to when Troye spent the night at Tyler's.

I get up and head out, when I smell something burning, then the smoke alarm starts.

"Troye!" I find him in the kitchen, our toaster on fire.

"Troye, what the fuck?"

✦✦✦

So it got really bad. The Fire Department was called. Everything was okay. Crystal was okay. We were fine.

"Troye, for the love of God, how do you set a toaster on fire?" Zoe asks. She'd heard from a blog that our house caught fire and ran over.

No, she actually ran she did not bring a car, or tell Alfie.

"I was trying to make Connor our favorite breakfast. Avocado on toast."

I shake my head, chuckling. "Troye my phone's in there."

"Not anymore, it's not," Caspar enters our conversation. He's standing with his arm tucked around Joe's hip.

"Caspar!" Everyone yells.

"No, it's okay. The 6s just came out anyway. That "Rose Gold" color is all I want."

Zoe pulls out her phone. A Rose Gold 6s.

"Ugh, I hate you," I snatch it from her which was hard because I was holding a wriggling cat.

I tell her to put her password in so I could put my finger print in it.

The phone gets passed around, everyone putting their prints in, and after a few seconds of silence, Zoe blurts something out.

"Connor, I'm so sorry."

I glance at Troye, who gives Joe and Connor a "lets go" look.

Once they leave, Zoe continues.

"I know, I shouldn't have been hanging out with Tyler, but—"

"Zoe, it's okay, I understand, it's hard when two of your friends are feuding."

"No, Connor, that's just it; you don't understand. I had to stay with him, he was going to—"