Chapter 12: Sick Day

I couldn't get out of bed. My head is hurting like someone had hit me with a sledgehammer. What is it with this freaking day?

"MOM!" I shouted as loud as I can even with the torturing feeling of a sore throat. "MOM!" I called about once again.

"You're still in bed, you'll be late-" opening the door she saw me in my horrible condition. Oh, you look awful." she commented.

"Thanks Mom, I didn't know." I said sarcastically as I try to pull myself to sit down. My arms are too weak that it almost gave up just by the simple move.

"Hey, don't force it. You should rest." She rushed to my side and placed a pillow behind me. "I'll call your school to say that you can't make it because of a flu. I'll make you some soup too."

"Okay." I weakly said.

"I'll prepare it and bring it up after. Get some more rest." She kisses the top of my head and left.

Not long after Dad came into my room with Nate.

"You look ugly." Nate laughing as he looks at me.

"Your sister is sick, that's why she looks ugly." Dad said to my little brother.

"That made me feel much better." I said sarcastically.

"It's just a joke, you know you are the prettiest lady next to your Mom of course." He kisses my forehead. "Get some rest. Soon you'll feel better."

"You are pretty, but Mom said I shouldn't come near for I might get it." He said while standing by the door of my room.

"Thanks Buddy, I understand." I weakly smiled at my little brother.

"We should go. I need to drive your brother to school before work. Your Mom's going to stay home with you." Him fixing his coat.

"I can take care of myself, she can go to the bake shop." I tried to sit again but failed.

"No, I'm staying here with you. You can't barely move." She pointed out.

"But-"

"No buts, I'm staying." Giving me a cold towel to wipe my face. "You two must go or you'll both be late." She glance towards dad and Nate.

"Okay, bye now." Dad kisses mom on the cheek and blew me a kiss before finally leaving with Nate.

"The soup will be ready in a few." Mom informs.

"Thanks Mom." I weakly smiled.

After eating the soup Mom made I slept again. I don't even know how long I was asleep but it helped me regain some strenght.

I tried to amuse myself with reading some books but eventually got bored. I decided to went down stairs for a change of scenery. I saw mom sitting on her rest chair by the window with baking books.

"Why did you leave your bed?" She ask with furrowed worried brows.

"I just needed some stretching and I was getting bored." I told her as I pulled my cardigan tighter to my body.

"How about I make you some pumpkin soup." She puts her book down on the coffee table next to her seat.

"I was thinking more of a turkey sandwich." I said giving her a wide smirk.

"I therefore conclude that you are better now." She responded with the same smirk. "You're appetite of a dinosaur is back."

"Make that two sandwich and an orange juice." I added. She looks at me with a raise brow which I only return with a huge toothy grin.