Chapter 2: What the Fudge?

I stretched my arms and legs on my bed. I really missed being comforrable not like my bunk at the camp, such a total nightmare. I stretch my body one last time before walking to my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face.

In 2 days school will start. Arg!

I patted my face with a clean towel then fix my hair into a top bun. As I jog down the stairs, I heard laughter coming from the kitchen. I made my way to the room and saw mom cooking, while Dad and Nate are palying around.

"I'm a Monster! I will eat you!" Dad speaking with a monster voice trying to scare Nate with a ridiculous looking hat that covers his face.

"No, you're not." says the giggling 5 year old.

"Good Morning!" I said sitting down next to Nate, grabbing a bacon.

"Good Morning. Breakfast is ready." Mom putting the  scrambled eggs on a serving plate.

Dad turn to me, he growls. "I will eat you!" He tries to scare me, but clearly I won't fall for it. Though it used to really scare me when I was little.

I shook my head in his effort. "Dad, I'm 17." I told him holding a sliced bacon.

"Hey, you're no fun." Dad comments. I only shrug my shoulder as response.

"That's enough Chris. Let's eat." Mom taking the hat off his face leaving Nate chuckle.

"Honeeeyyyy." Dad pouts towards my mother.

"I don't know why I even married you." Mom rolling her eyes at my father.

"Because I'm super sweet" Dad plants a kiss on my mom's cheek. "Super-" Dad pointing at me to continue.

"Loving." I say.

"Daddy?" He now asks Nate.

"Makes delicious cookies!" The boy clapping his hands proud of what he said, making all of us laugh appreciating his adorable character.

"You see." Dad snaps his finger as he points out his defense. "And may I add, super handsome!" Dad winking at Mom. Mom only shook her head as she tries to hide her growing smile, which by the way she was totally failing at. "Right?" Dad gesturing a finger heart symbol towards mom.

Mom couldn't help but display a wide smile. "Okay, fine." Mom finally gives in. "You are handsome." She giggles as she playfully hit dad on his arms.

I love how they still act sweet towards each other even though they've been married for so long. I am so lucky with my family, I can see how much they love and adore each other.

"Do you want to help out at the bake shop?" My mom pulled me out of my thoughts. "We can have some baking bonding. I also wanted to try something new to add at the menu." Mom said before sipping her coffee.

"Yeah sure, no problem." I said smiling. I am always happy to help out the Bake shop. There is always something sweet to eat.

_____________________

"Good Morning Rena." Says Mrs. Vilma, the oldest helper in the shop. She was already here even when the shop was still being manage and owned by my Dad's parents. He inherited the shop when my grandparents died. Dad wanted to sell it at first for he cannot manage the shop and his job at the same time.

Dad was introduced to a young baker without hesitation he asked the baker to help him manage the shop in order to save it. The young baker did not only save the bake shop but also my dad's lonely heart (as told by him) Dad even said that it was love at first sight for him.