Chapter 6: Cupcake

I haven't had conversations with Vanessa even if we have classes together. She had been sorounded by some of her new friends, I didn't want to join in their conversations as I don't seem to fit in.

Yesterday, I somehow gotten a few words in and she agreed to hangout with me today. We used to sit and binge watch netflix at my house while eating weird food combinations, but this was different because she wanted to hang at the mall.

I have been patiently waiting for her for an hour now. I kept sending her texts and phone her a few times but nothing is coming through.

To Vanessa:
Where are you? I'm waiting here at starbucks for like an hour now.
-

I waited for another 10 minutes for her reply but she didn't manage to respond to my text, so I decided to call her yet again.

Ring
Ring
Ring

Finally my call got in. "Hello."

"Hello! Where are you V? I have been waiting here for an hour. I kept on texting you but you weren't texting me back." I said with worry surfacing my tone. "Are you okay?"

"She's okay." Someone that wasn't clearly Vanessa said on the other line.

"Who is this?" I ask.

"It's Jenica." She answers. "Vanessa can't come to the phone right now. She's trying on a dress for homecoming." She informs me.

I was confused from what she said. "Homecoming? Isn't it like 6 weeks away."

"She's preparing for the... that looks so amaz-" the line suddenly was cut off. I tried calling her number again but this time no one is answering again.

"She had gone dress shopping without me." I said staring at my phone screen that reveals a picture of Vanessa and I 5 years back. "And the fact, that you even forgot about me." I locked my phone and shove it into my pocket.

Instead of going home, I decided to go to the bake shop because I don't want to spend the rest of the day alone at home. If I do that, I'll just over think about things and we all know that over thinking is not healthy.

I entered the shop. I was welcomed by Bon Jovi singing through the speakers and I already know who was the culprit behind the rock music playing.

"Hi." I greeted them as I open the shop door and just as I suspected I saw Miguel singing while busting a table.

"Sup." He nodded at me.

"What's with the music?" I ask pointing at the speaker that was placed on the corner of the wall.

"He was complaining about the jazz music that we've been playing for a week now. He says it makes him want to take naps from time to time." Mom explains on how they ended up playing the current song.

"And isn't it amazing." Miguel widely grinning as he bops his head while holding a tray of dishes.

"Amazing!" Nate exclaims as he does the head bop too beside Miguel.

"Right on." Miguel high five Nate before they both enter the kitchen.

"Wow." I raise a brow at the two boys leaving.

"They really gotten so close." Mom comments as she place a new baked cake for display. "Thought you and Vanessa are spending time together."

"She couldn't make it." I said taking a Red Velvet cupcake on a tray.