18. Big news.

I'm back from Paris. It was absolutely amazing! Such a beautiful city! ^^ I also bought some books in the famous Shakespeare and company bookstore. I loved the place! Anyways, here is a new chapter. :)

Mycroft knocked on the door violently. "Sherlock, I know you're here. It's important." He snapped.

Sherlock ignored his brother. John chuckled through the kiss and pushed Sherlock playfully away.

"Sherlock, open the door." John said amused as he walked towards his desk. Sherlock sighed in annoyance, staring at his doctor strolling away. He rolled with his eyes and took a step closer to the door and opened it reluctantly. Mycroft and Greg were standing at the door. Sherlock looked at his brother with a straight face. Then he flickered his eyes to Greg. Greg gave him a nod as greeting. Sherlock didn't greet back, he just opened the door more so they could walk inside.

"Sherlock." Mycroft said coldly, stepping inside the room.

"My dear lovely brother." Sherlock said sarcastic, clasping his hands together. "What brings you here, disturbing my time?"

Mycroft opened his mouth to reply, but closed it again as he saw Sherlock's swollen lips. He narrowed his eyes and tried to figure out the reason of it. He turned his head briefly to glance at John who was now smiling innocently at him. Sherlock cleared his throat, tracing his swollen lips with the pad of his finger. Knowing what his brother just found out. He turned away from him and walked around the room with his hands crossed on his back.

"So, what is it?" He asked.

Mycroft shook his head. Trying to delete the thoughts of Sherlock and John making out. He cleared his throat. Glancing over at Greg who was now sitting down on the edge of Sherlock's bed. Mycroft walked over and settled him beside Greg, shoulders touching.

Greg started to talk. "I need your help." He paused. "Well, my father needs your help."

"Yes?" Sherlock said impatiently.

"They're searching for a serial killer."

Sherlock waved a hand dismissively. "Go on."

"The Scotland Yard are really stumped on this. Five innocent people got killed. The man they are searching is familiar with the city, but has no specific comfort zone. The victims he chose are all over the city, with little to no pattern as to where he was likely to kill next. And his cool-off time is also difficult to pinpoint. The times between the kills varied too erratically. So they can't figure out when he would or will be likely to seek out a new victim."

Sherlock sat down with his fingers steepled under his nose. "Hmm. Interesting."

Greg sighed. "My dad decided to inform you about this, since they can't find any more clues."

Sherlock nodded. "What else?"

"The serial killer they're searching for is a men in his late 30s or early shoulder-length dark brown hair and a muscular build. But the kills were always blitz attacks in dark alleys. He took no souvenirs that they were able to identify. The murders were single swift strokes of a long-bladed weapon, most likely either a long knife."

"The same method?" John asked. Everyone in the room turned to watch John, what made John blush fervently. Everyone in the room forgot that he was present in the room. Sherlock coughed and turned back to Greg.

"Yes, indeed. How do you know if it's the same person? Anyone can kill a person in the alley with a knife." Sherlock pointed out.

"No, there are witnesses. They all described the man the same."

"Hmm." Sherlock mused.

"Last night, a new man found dead. My dad didn't want you on this case, since you are only 17-""Almost 18." Sherlock interrupted.

"Yes. But it's dangerous. So that's the reason why it took so long to contact you for this. But he really needs you." At this, Sherlock sneaked a smile. Greg glanced briefly to Mycroft, giving him a smile. Mycroft returned the smile, and removed the smile immediately as he saw Sherlock staring at him with a dubious glance.

"So, brother dear. You're allowed to go to your first crime scene." Mycroft said crudely.

"Wait, isn't that dangerous?" John interrupted, jumping of his chair.

"John, it's not dangerous." Sherlock assured.

"Yes it is. You will be involved with a case... -with a serial killer, Sherlock." John said with a serious tone.

"I assure you, John. That my brother is in good hands. The place is surrounded with police officers." John didn't answer him. He just sat down onto his chair again. Sherlock glanced at John. He saw the concern on John's face.

Glancing back at Greg, he asked. "When do you want me to come?"

"Since last night, a new murder happened. It is the best to come now." He replied.

"Okay."

"I'll bring you with my car."

"Okay, you can go to your car already, I need to have a talk with John first."

Greg nodded and left together with Mycroft.

When the door closed, Sherlock turned to John, walking towards him until he is in front of him.

"John. It will be alright, I will just look and try to find evidences, deduce things, you know what I do." John just nodded.

"You know that this is what I want to do."

"I know, it is fine. I'm overreacting." John chuckled softly. "Just, be careful." John said as he grabbed Sherlock's left hand. Sherlock squats down.

"You're coming with me." He pointed out.

"Huh what?"

"You and me. Solving crimes together, remember?" He said enthusiastic. At this John smiled lovely at Sherlock.

"Yes I remember. Of course I do."

"John Watson." Sherlock said as he stood up and stretched out his hand. "Do you want to attend me to this amazing opportunity of a case?" He asked with a soothing voice. John chuckled and placed his hand on Sherlock's and stood up.

"Oh god yes." He said fervently, pulling Sherlock closer for a passionate kiss. A minute later they pull back. "Let's go then." John said.

John grabbed his jacket, and pulled it on. Suddenly Sherlock leapt into the air and clenched his fists triumphantly before twirling around the room happily. John raised a brow, chuckling at Sherlock.

"Sherlock?"

Sherlock clasped his hands together. "Brilliant! Yes! Ah, John. This is amazing!" He said, picking up his scarf and coat he starts to put them on while walking to John again, he embraced his little hobbit. "Jawwnn. You together with me on a crime scene. It's just so perfect." He said happily.

Thank you for reading this chapter, if you see any spelling, grammar mistakes. Please tell me :D

May xx