5. John's little plan.

They entered their room. John went straight to the bathroom and got dressed into his pajamas; Sherlock did the same next to his bed. Before he pulled on his pajama trousers he cleaned his burn wound on his knee (the wound is there from the activities in his old school; he got lucky that it's just a small wound). He smeared ointment carefully over the wound and grabbed a fresh bandage; meanwhile, John entered the room fully dressed in his pajamas. He yawned and rubbed his eyes with his knuckles. He stared at Sherlock, flushing a bit when he saw Sherlock in his underpants, trousers hanging on his knees. John shook his head vigorously.

"Are you alright, what happened?" John asked worriedly.

Sherlock looked up, feeling embarrassment. He hastily pulled on his trousers and stood up.

"Just a burn wound. Don't worry," he said awkwardly as he flung himself onto his bed. John looked slightly confused, but just nodded and climbed into his own bed. A minute later, John spoke again.

"What happened to your knee?" Sherlock sighed.

"John, it's nothing."

John couldn't stop asking questions. "How can you get such a burn wound on your knee?"

"John..."

"But seriously, did you have a house fire or something?"

Sherlock gave a big sigh.

"You should take good care of that wound. It looks horrible."

"Yes, okay doctor," Sherlock said in annoyance as he turned off the light.

"Well, goodnight Sherlock," John said calmly. There came no response from Sherlock, so John just turned himself on his side and just as he was planning to close his eyes, Sherlock jerked upright; John jolted.

"John, my older brother Mycroft arrives tomorrow. If he asks you any questions, just pretend you didn't hear him," Sherlock said in a serious tone. John frowned.

"Your brother?" He asked curiously, yawning.

"Yes, my brother. Just..." He paused. "Just ignore him," Sherlock said as he flopped back down onto his back. "Night," he said quietly. John grumbled something to himself-quite incomprehensible-and closed his eyes.

In the morning, John woke up at 7am. He took a shower and pulled some fresh clothes on (not an uniform; most boarding schools are working with uniforms, but this one luckily was not). John brushed his teeth and checked his watch. It's ten to eight already and Sherlock still hasn't woken up. John thought Sherlock maybe didn't have class today, but that's unthinkable in this school. John stretched his arms and grabbed his pillow. He strolled over to Sherlock's bed and smashed the pillow on Sherlock's head. "Wake up Sherlock!" He said loudly.

Sherlock growled and opened his eyes.

"What the hell, John!" Sherlock snarled.

"It's time to wake up," he said playfully.

Sherlock sighed. "How late is it?"

"Class starts in ten minutes."

"Ah, plenty of time." Sherlock stood up and grabbed some clothes and disappeared into the bathroom.

Ten minutes later, Sherlock was still in the bathroom. John knocked on the door. "Sherlock, hurry up! I don't want to be late in class," John cried out.

"You can go, John. I will find my way," Sherlock said with a mouthful of toothpaste.

"You sure? The school can be a maze." John walked over to his desk, grabbing his stuff. "How much more time do you need?"

There came no response. John sighed. "Okay then," he said in annoyance. He opened the door and walked into the hall, on his way to math.

"Hey, John!" Someone called. John turned to see who it was and smiled.

"Hey Ben."

Ben nudged him with his shoulder. "How is your roommate?" He asked curiously.

"He's okay."

"Really? I heard Anderson saying some bad stuff about him." John scowled.

"Ben listen, Sherlock isn't a bad guy. He is different, yes, but he is nothing compared to what Anderson said," John said coolly.

"Okay okay, alright mate. Sorry," Ben patted John's back. They walked in silence to class.

Ben broke the silence. "But, is he gay?" Ben asked. Ben came out of the closet a year ago. John didn't care about him being gay; he cared a lot for his friend. John raised his eyebrow and sniggered.

"Yeh." He smirked. Ben blushed violently. "Maybe if I see him at lunch, I can introduce you to him," John said with joy.

"Yeah okay." Ben hesitated.

"But Ben... I must say, I'm not sure Sherlock will be interested. So don't hope too much." Ben just nodded.

After two hours in class 192b, the bell rang and the students were heading to the next class. Ben walked with John. They were talking about their future plans. Ben would love to have his own doctor's surgery and have adopted children. John isn't sure what he wanted. There was one thing he wanted for sure and that's helping people. When they wheeled around the corner, John saw in the distance a bush with black curly hair. He nudged Ben.

"Look, there is Sherlock," he said softly. Ben reddened, and then Sherlock disappeared into the crowd.

Finally it was midday. John and Ben settled themselves in the canteen together with some other students. They were eating pizza; Tuesday is always greasy food day.

Ben nervously glanced at the entrance. John saw the panicked look on Ben's face and chuckled. "Jesus Ben, why so nervous?" John asked.

"I'm not," he said in defense.

John rolled his eyes and perked his head upright immediately when he saw a familiar figure walking inside. "Sherlock!" John called, waving his hand. Ben flinched.

Sherlock walked over and sat down next to Ben, diagonally from John. "How was your first day?" John asked, glancing briefly at Ben.

"Dull," Sherlock sighed, resting his head onto his hand palm. John chuckled.

"I agree." John said as he briefly stared at Ben.

"Oh, this is Ben, a classmate, friend since primary school." Sherlock briefly looked at Ben.

"Hi," he said shortly.

"Hi." Ben blushed. "I'm Ben," Ben said. Sherlock was watching Ben sternly.

"Yes I know. John just said your name," Sherlock said bluntly. Ben looked away, staring at his empty plate. John sighed.

Sherlock got up and walked away. John frowned. "Where are you going?"

"Away from here."