Disc 2 - Track 5

Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris ft. Florence + The Machine

"And it's not enough to tell me that you care when we both know the words are empty air."

-----

Fingertips were running down her spine and making her shiver as she opened her eyes. She had slept on her stomach, meaning her back was fully exposed and Patrick was laid beside her stroking it. He didn't notice that she was awake at first, but then saw and smiled brightly.

"Morning sunshine. Sleep well?" He asked, leaning down and kissing her cheek. She smiled and nodded, a whimpering sound coming from her throat as she stretched. "Come closer." Patrick whined, pulling her body towards his own.

She kissed his lips softly, resting her head in the crook of his neck. "I could just lie here all day." She said quietly, feeling his skin pressed against hers. There was a muffled sound of agreement from Patrick as his hands held onto her body.

He pulled away slowly, kissing the tip of her nose and smiling at her sleepy eyes. "You get some more rest, I've got to do something." He said, starting to get up. Mercy pulled his arm back down and looked at him.

"No, please stay. I won't be able to sleep if you aren't here." She said, barely able to stay awake. Patrick chuckled, his hand stroking her cheek as she drifted back to sleep unintentionally.

"I promise I'll be back soon." He said, kissing her forehead. Taking only minutes to get dressed, he slipped out of his bedroom and entering the elevator.

When he reached the carpark guilt consumed him. What if she thinks I've gone out because I don't care about her? Jesus, even Pete hugs her when she wakes up the morning after but I've just run straight out. Fuck me.

Patrick promised himself that he wouldn't be long, heading down to his parking spot and driving to his destination.

When he returned an hour later, slightly down hearted and holding a bunch of red roses, he sprinted to the elevator.

Once in the apartment he checked on Mercy, who was still sleeping peacefully. The covers draped over her body and her hair strewn across his pillows.

He left the flowers on the kitchen counter as he walked into Andy's room. He shut the door, quickly going to get her diary. He felt kinda bad for reading her private things, but he had to know what she was thinking.

He saw that the newest one was an entry about Christmas Eve.

Food: Pasta

One tally mark.

Patrick: YES

P:x J:x A:x

"I woke up pretty late. I was exhausted after my argument with Pete the night before, but he was already gone when I finally got off the couch. The apartment was quiet and I went to get a drink. I found whiskey and decided that I probably needed to forget what he had said to me. The idea that I'm his and his alone. I never thought he cared enough to even be possessive of me but now I find out that he thinks I belong to him. I can't prove him wrong either. When he calls, I go running. When he sits down, I sit on his knee. When he asks me to do something, I do it. I can't escape. I can't leave or go outside. When I don't do as he says, he hits me. He has my freedom, so maybe I do sort of belong to him.

Patrick stopped me from drinking. He took away the bottle and my glass. I tried to stay calm with him. I tried to be polite like Pete told me to but he made it so difficult. He shouted and pushed me against the counter. I was scared. I don't usually get scared, not anymore. He was touching my waist and I knew what normally came next after that. I was only scared because I couldn't imagine Patrick ever doing that to me. Not if I was vulnerable and didn't want him to. He wasn't like Pete, he wasn't as manipulative.