Disc 1 - Track 15

Dream - Imagine Dragons
"I watch from a distance, seventeen, and I'm short of the other's dreams of being golden and on top. It's not what you painted in my head, there's so much there instead of all the colours that I saw."
-----

Patrick rushed back to see Mercy falling asleep against the headboard. 

Breathe Patrick. She can't find out yet.

"Hey sleepyhead." He said, sitting back on the bed next to her. She opened her eyes momentarily before resting her head on his shoulder and closing them again. He lifted her so she was sat on him properly like she had done the night before. 

"I spoke to Pete, he's not angry and he said its already been forgotten about so you can relax." He whispered, his eyes shut. Mercy sighed quietly with what sounded like relief and Patrick rested his head on hers. 

He shut his eyes for what felt like a second, but when he opened them Mercy was staring at him. "Can we get dinner?" She asked patiently. He glanced over at the clock, nodding. It was dark outside already. 

"Yeah, course we can honey." He murmured whilst rubbing sleep from his face. He stood up and laughed light heartedly. "You're a bad influence, all this sleeping." He uttered, earning a small smile from her. 

They stood up, unlocking the door and tiptoeing to the kitchen. Patrick saw Pete in the living room and relaxed. "It's only Pete." He whispered to Mercy, gesturing for her to follow. 

She stared at Pete for a second even though he wasn't looking at her. Patrick started to turn on the oven, pulling things from the fridge. Mercy spoke to him quietly for a few minutes about dinner, helping him prepare some things but making sure she didn't have to walk around a lot as he had remembered her recovering ankle. Mercy felt a hand on her shoulder and turned around. 

"Mind if we have a little chat sweetie? It'll only take a second." He whispered, hand moving to grab hers. Patrick turned around and noticed just as Mercy was walking into Pete's room. 

She sat down on his bed like he had told her to, their eyes locked as he shut the door and sauntered towards her. "You hit Andy earlier. Are you sorry?" He asked, holding Mercy's chin in his hand.

She nodded. "Yes, I am." She replied in a tremulous tone. He smiled, standing in front of her and laughing to himself. 

"You are a terrible liar." He mocked in a low voice as he crept around, sitting behind her back on the bed. "It's a shame too. Any other guy would take one look at that face and believe any word you say but we know each other a little better than that, don't we Mercedes?" He breathed as he kissed the back of her neck, the teen taking a deep breath to calm herself.

"I told you to call me Mercy." She said through gritted teeth as she turned to face him.

He raised an eyebrow with another sickly smile. "I don't think this is really about what you want, is it?" He pointed out, making her feel seriously nauseous.

"You don't know a fucking thing about me. You're just an egotistical creep who thinks terrorising a teenage girl is fun." She finished, standing up and pulling out of his grasp. 

He quickly followed her to the door, stopping her before she could leave. "You really think that is the correct way to speak to me?" He asked, his face inches from her's, shoving her against the wall. Pete started to move his hand up her skirt, finding his way between the fabric and pulling at the underwear with his index finger. 

His lips crashed against hers, making a loud thud as the back of her head hit the door due to the sheer force of his actions. Pete's tongue was already in her mouth, each movement strangely soothing for Mercy.