Disc 2 - Track 3

Real - Years & Years 

"I touched you but it starts to hurt. What have I been doing wrong? Tell me what it is you want."

-----

Next morning Mercy woke with a start, hearing something drop in Patrick's room. She didn't remember going to bed last night, so she knew that he must have carried her.

She walked out whilst running a hand through get hair, bumping straight into Patrick where the corridor ended. He was wide awake and dressed. They looked in each other's eyes for a moment, smiling. "Good morning." Mercy said shyly.

Patrick nodded slightly, eyes still on her. "Merry Christmas Mercy." He said before his glance moved upwards. Mercy looked too, seeing mistletoe dangling from the ceiling. Pete had put it there days ago as an excuse to kiss Mercy.

Patrick looked back at her. "Oh god. You don't have to-" He started to speak but Mercy put both hands on his shoulders, reaching up and kissing him gently. Patrick wanted it to last forever but she pulled away smiling.

"Merry Christmas Patrick." She said cheerily before turning towards the kitchen. He walked after her quickly.

"Hey!" He shouted after her, causing her to spin back around and look at him questionably. "That was entirely one sided." He accused with a smile. Mercy grinned back, shrugging.

"Guess it was. So what?" She asked, leaning against the wall. Patrick approached her, putting his hand softly on her hip.

"That's not how it works." He whispered, leaning in and kissing her properly. Patrick felt her start to kiss back so he pulled away. "Now we're even." He said, walking past her to the kitchen, trying to stop his hands shaking from the realisation that he had actually done that. 

She followed, moving towards the cupboard with the mugs in. She pressed her stomach against the counter trying to reach up to the top shelf to get one. "Why did Pete have to move the mugs to the top shelf?" She questioned Patrick.

He smiled, watching her failed attempts at getting the mugs. "He thinks you're drinking too much coffee so it's to stop you. For the record, if you ever tell him I let you have alcohol I will have to murder you." He replied. Mercy laughed, glancing over at him with bright eyes.

"Threatening to kill me is definitely keeping up with the spirit of Christmas." She uttered sarcastically. He walked over, standing behind her and reaching up to grab a mug.

Mercy could feel him rubbing against her as he did so. He placed two mugs in front of her. "I try my best." He commented, obviously gesturing for her to make him a drink.

She started working the coffee machine, hearing Patrick moving around behind her. "By the way Mercy I think there's something you might wanna know." His voice echoed through the kitchen.

She continued to make the drinks, raising an eyebrow. "What is it?" Mercy asked, finishing one coffee and moving onto the second one.

Patrick moved closer as she finished off the second cup, leaning down to her ear. "Santa's been." He whispered. She turned her head, violently swishing her hair into his face. "Jesus, don't give yourself whiplash." He muttered with a smirk.

Patrick took the coffees into the living room and then came back for Mercy, covering her eyes and leading her towards the tree. As he uncovered her eyes she gasped. "Oh my god! You have so many presents!" She exclaimed. Patrick looked at her in disbelief.

"You think I covered your eyes and led you in here so I could show you my presents? They're all yours, stupid." He replied, rolling his eyes.

She looked at him with her mouth hanging open and wide eyes. "You bought me presents?" She asked. Patrick nodded, sitting on the floor near the tree.