Disc 1 - Track 14

Ties - Years & Years
"Tell me how did it feel? Did it all get too real for you? Everybody's screaming out your name, are you scared? Cause I don't think you're worth it."
-----

When she heard a knock at the door she sat up in confusion. "Mercy, I know you're awake. You're going to have to come out now or I'll have to call Pete." Andy said through the door.

Mercy stormed to the door, opening it at staring at Andy for a second before walking past him. He grabbed her arm to stop her from moving away from him. "Mercy. I'm trying to help you." He said, forcing her to turn around and face him. She scowled, eyes focused on his.

"No, you're threatening me. This day keeps getting better." She spat, pulling her arm away from him. As she tried to walk into the living room, he cut in front of her and grabbed her shoulder.

"Mercedes. Stop ignoring me." He said in a firmer voice, making her listen to him. "I don't know what happened and frankly I don't want to think about you and Joe having sex but-" He began to speak but Mercy couldn't bear to listen to another word.

"He was trying to rape me! How can you not see that? I'm underage. You were going on about how they shouldn't talk about me in that way yesterday but when it actually happens you're fucking blind to it." She shouted in disgust. Andy looked at her questioningly, raising his eyebrow.

"I think that's a bit far Mercy. He was just having a bit of fun, he wasn't going to rape you." He defended.

Mercy pulled away from him, fury rippling through her. The lift doors opened again as Mercy turned away from Andy. She picked up the unopened soda can from the kitchen island, trying to calm herself down. "You're seriously overreacting honey." He said in a condescending tone.

Mercy turned and launched the soda can towards Andy. He dodged it narrowly and then started to come towards her. "How dare you tell me I'm overreacting!" She screamed, causing Patrick and Pete to rush from the lift towards them.

Andy tried to hold Mercy's arms down so she couldn't do anything else but she struggled out of his grip.

"Mercy!" Pete shouted at her, signalling for her to stop what she was doing. Mercy swung her arm and punched Andy in the face before arms went around her, confining her completely. She was thrown over someone's shoulder and hurried into a bedroom.

She shut her eyes as she was sat down on a bed. Mercy didn't see who had carried her or where she was. She was too busy trying to fight the tears that were almost spilling down her cheeks.

She didn't mean to hit Andy, but she'd been so angry about how fucking stupid he was being. "Mer-" When she heard the voice she looked up immediately. She was met by blue eyes. Patrick sat in front of her, on his knees with a look of pity on his face. She couldn't stand to look. He was holding a key in his hand and Mercy could see the doorknob being shook. There was hammering on the door from Pete, who was also shouting for them to open up.

Patrick took her hand gently, gaining her attention. "The door is locked, they aren't getting in." He told her, sighing a little. "This time I really need you to tell me what happened. You just punched Andy in the face and I'm gonna need an excuse to tell Pete." He said softly, looking directly at her.

Mercy took a deep breath, looking away from him. She knew that telling him that Joe had actually had sex with her would get an extreme response, so she left it out.

"I was in the kitchen making cookies and I asked Joe to help me work the oven. He came in and did it but then he started kissing me. I tried to get him to stop but he got me on the floor and started taking my clothes off. Andy came back and stopped him but then he started saying I was overreacting and that he wasn't going to rape me and I just-" She stopped herself, trying not to get emotional.