Disc 2 - Track 4

Bite Down - Bastille vs Haim

"I'm trying to keep my composure but every time you shake coming down I die."

----- 

"You look incredible." Patrick said, dropping a spoon onto the counter. Quickly he walked over to her, holding her shoulders to get a good look.

Mercy blushed and laughed lightly. "Thank you Patrick. Don't scrub up so bad yourself." She commented, tugging at his shirt collar playfully.

Patrick used one of his hands to hold up her chin so that she would look at him. "Seriously, you look beautiful." He said, looking up to catch her gaze.

He put an arm around her, pulling her into a deep kiss. She returned it immediately, resting her arms around his neck. He pulled her up and sat her on the counter, breaking away for one second to catch his breath but Mercy was already pulling him back into another one.

There was a bubbling noise to their right and Mercy stopped. "Your vegetables are boiling over." She told him, sliding off the counter and going to the living room.

She stayed there, watching TV and ignoring the glances Patrick gave her. She could see him staring, often ignoring his duties in the kitchen and just leaning against the counter. She didn't give him the satisfaction of looking his way, but she could see him out of the corner of her eye.

Music blasted through the apartment as she flicked through channels which, to her surprise, were not playing that much Christmas music. She left one on, standing up to go look at the book shelf in the living room. She skimmed her eyes over the titles while the music played.

The song changed to one she recognised and she tried to keep her eyes firmly on the books.

You better sink your teeth before I disappear.

Bite down, bite down into me.

Her glance wandered over her shoulder and met Patrick's, who was still watching her from the kitchen. He smiled but it wasn't how he normally looked. Mercy couldn't put her finger on why he looked different.

She continued to ignore him until he finally spoke to her again an hour later. "Dinners ready." He said, leaning against the wall. She smiled sweetly, getting up and sauntering past him. His eyes looked at the girls figure as she made her way to the kitchen. He then followed her, making the brunette jump slightly when she turned around to see him directly behind her.

Hands clutching wine glasses, she smiled. "Go sit down Mercy." He uttered, meeting her gaze. His hand was lingering near her hip.

"Why?" She asked in a whisper. Her fingers tracing lines up his forearm as they refused to break eye contact. "Are you hungry?"

Patrick's mouth twitched up at the corner, grabbing her waist firmly and pulling her closer. He leant in towards her, stopping as their noses touched. "Starving." His breath washing over her cheeks as he forced his lips onto hers.

Mercy's heartbeat was uncontrollable, her body heated with lust. His hands travelled down her figure as she let the glasses rest on the countertop.

She let him pull her against himself, his right hand holding the side of her neck whilst the other stayed firmly on her hips. She didn't understand where all this had come from, but she loved it.

Mercy pulled away, walking past him with a large grin over her face. He couldn't see her expression as she spoke. "Let's eat then."

He walked to the table, smiling to himself as Mercy grabbed a bottle from the table. "Wine?" She asked, turning around to him.