My Heart Will Go On

• Dedicated to Cory Monteith, forever in our hearts <3

"He was a really great man," Carole spoke in the microphone, tears falling from her eyes.

Today was the day that everyone dreaded, and yet, all of the members of the New Directions (plus the old members that could make it) were there, mourning along with Finn's family and other friends.

Rachel was the one that took it the hardest, crying into her handkerchief the entire time. She was supposed to make a speech, but everyone could tell that she was too upset. He was her first love, and she was hoping he would be her last.

When Carole was done speaking, the New Directions were going to sing "Amazing Grace" in honor of him, but Rachel slowly got up.

"What are you doing?" Gabe whispered, pulling her down slightly.

"You'll see," she replied, getting out of his grasp and walking to the stage. She whispered her song choice to the band, and then she grabbed the choir mic. "This is for you, Finn," she spoke, her unusually quiet voice projected around the room. "I hope you can hear me up there."

The music started playing, and she felt another tear come down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away and sang the first line. "Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you. That is how I know you go on. Far across the distance and spaces between us, you have come to show you go on."

As she sang, she saw a tall figure walk through the doors. She tried paying no attention, but she couldn't keep her eyes off of it. As the figure walked down the aisle, she noticed that it was wearing wings. Finn? she thought.

When his face was clearly presented, she realized it was Finn. As an angel. She shed some more tears and sang the next stanza, knowing that what's said was now true. "You're here, there's nothing I fear, and I know that my heart will go on."

Finn walked up and wrapped his arms around her so that she'll feel safe. "I'll always be with you," he whispered, making her cry even more.

"I love you," she said into the mic after the song reached its end, looking up at his face.

"I love you too," he answered. He gave her a quick peck on the cheek before disappearing from her sight.

She put the mic back in its place before going back to her seat, wiping tears from her eyes. Gabe pulled her into another hug, trying to comfort her. The rest of the glee club (along with the older members that came) simply stood up and walked to the front.

"Earlier this school year, we sang this," Marley spoke. "I think now it has a deeper meaning to all of us."

"We're gonna miss you, big guy," Jake spoke.

"You were like a big brother to me," Ryder, who came to the funeral because he also cared about Finn, added.

"And you were my brother," Kurt chuckled.

"This is for you, Finn," Quinn, who flew all the way back to Lima for the funeral, finished.

As the music for Don't Dream It's Over started, Ryder quickly whispered to Jake, "You know, just because I'm doing this, doesn't mean I'm coming back to the glee club."

"It's cool, man. It's cool."

Mr. Schue then started the DVD Artie edited as a memoriam of Finn. It included photos of the quarterback, video clips of some of the students saying kind words, and even had Finn singing along. The audio was from when the choir first sang the song, which was recorded by an unknown student. It was wrong and creepy to receive the audio at first, but Artie later thanked the kid for recording the audio. It was the last thing of Finn they would ever have.

Finn kept a watchful eye over all of them from above, smiling at how joyful his funeral really was. "I'm really gonna miss you guys," he whispered as the song ended.

~~***~~

I loved and hated writing this chapter. It's been almost two weeks since his death, but I'm still sad about it. The crying stopped, but I don't think I'll be able to fully get over the fact that he is dead.

I just hope they'll let Lea sing My Heart Will Go On in the show...

This chapter is dedicated to Cory <3

~Rosie

And the banner on the side was made by @roseate_ :)

(Song(s) used: My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion)

~~***~~