I Hope She's Okay...

The next day, Melissa walked down the halls of McKinley with confidence. My official first day here, she thought. Let's make it count.

She started humming the tune to "Don't Rain on My Parade" when she found herself crashing into someone, sending her books to the ground.

"Oh my gosh!" she spit out once she realized that the stranger's books were on the floor too. "I'm so sorry!"

"It's fine," the stranger replied. Huh, it's not a girl, Melissa thought. They both went to pick up their books off the ground, helping each other out along the way.

Melissa then got up and fixed her dress before helping the person up. "I am really sorry," she said.

"Hey, I said it's fine," he replied, cleaning himself off. "I wasn't looking."

"Yeah. Next time, you should be a bit careful there," she chuckled.

The boy noticed her accent and looked at her. "You're not from here, are you?"

"I moved here from London," she answered him, finally getting a good look at his face. Wow, he's cute. "I'm Melissa, by the way." She held out her hand. "Melissa Romero-Kendrick."

"I'm Ryder," he responded, shaking her hand.

"Well, it was nice meeting you," she said, starting to walk away, "but now I have to get to my locker and put away my books."

"Well, what's your first class?"

"Um," Melissa checked her schedule before finishing, "Algebra II."

"Cool. So, I'll see you around?"

"Yeah, see ya!" she said before sprinting off to her locker. She quickly put away her bag and her extra books before closing it and speed-walking to her classroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey hey hey," Rachel said, giving Gabe a hug from the back.

"Hi Rach," he replied, giving her a proper hug.

"How would you like to come over to my house later tonight for dinner?"

"Why, what's the occasion?"

"Well, I still don't know a lot about you, and you still don't know a lot about me, so I thought that this would be a great bonding time for us." Despite the fact that I found out about your musical love a few days ago over coffee, Rachel thought.

"Well, alright," Gabe smiled. Maybe I can see if she really is the person people say she is.

"Great! So, we'll go after my last class?"

"I'll be waiting."

They entered Ms. July's class with the thought of each other slipping in their minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hold on a second," Gabe interrupted. "So, he choked the note on purpose?"

"Yup," Rachel answered as they both took another forkful of noodles.

"Why'd he do that?"

"He apparently didn't want his dad to be embarrassed because he sang an Elphaba song."

"How would he be embarrassed?"

"His dad's all manly and buff, while Kurt is more..."

"Flamboyant?" Gabe suggested.

"Yeah, let's go with that," she agreed. "But enough about me. It's your turn to spill!"

"Alright." He took a minute to think of something. "Oh, I got it! Well, you know how I was in all four of my high school's musical productions?"