Wish You Were Here

Why so soon? Rachel thought to herself. He had his whole life ahead of him, and now he's gone. What the hell happened to him?

Rachel did nothing but cry that weekend. Only two thoughts went through her mind during that time.

I can't just stay here and mourn. I have to go see him.

That next Monday, she started packing for Lima. She decided that she would help out the New Directions! while on her visit, so she was packing for a month's stay, at the least. Luckily, NYADA said that she can get extra credit points for helping out to make up for her absence.

When she was done with packing, she headed out and walked to the Neil Simon Theatre, where (surprisingly) she was let in easily. She needed to express her emotions somehow, and singing about it was the only way she could. She pulled out her iPod and plugged it in to one of the speakers, and the music just started playing. Singing along with the Avril Lavigne track, she started walking around the stage, thinking back to the great memories that she and Finn shared. "All those crazy things we did, didn't think about it, just went with it."

She remembered the day they first met in glee club practice, and how crazy she became when she saw him. She chuckled at the sudden memory. All the duets that they sang then ran through her head, and then she suddenly saw Finn singing with her. He can't be dead, she thought as they kept singing. He just can't be.

Her hopes were lifted when she noticed a figure in the shadows, coming out to reveal Finn himself. Smiling, she said, "I knew you weren't dead," as she ran over to him. However, her hands went right through his torso when she tried to hug him. That was the confirmation that he really was dead, and it brought her whole world down. She started crying, and frankly, she didn't care if she looked like a mess. She missed Finn deeply. The man she was supposed to go back to was gone. And she could never go to him ever again.

"We are endgame," she whispered to herself. "We will always be endgame."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WHAT?" Marley yelled when Kurt spilled the news.

"He's...dead?" Jake asked.

"Sadly, yes," Kurt replied, wiping a tear from his eyes.

"So, what's gonna happen now?" Kitty asked.

"What's gonna happen," Melissa answered, getting up, "is that we are gonna continue preparing for Nationals and not let some dead guy affect us."

"Do you even know Finn?" Kurt asked, pissed. "He was a part of us, one of the original six."

"So?"

"So? What do you mean, SO? He was an important part of this damn group. He's the reason why New Directions! still exists today!"

"Kurt," Mr. Schue suddenly spoke, "sit down."

"But-"

"No buts."

Kurt silently took a seat, and Melissa smirked.

"Melissa," Mr. Schue turned to her and said, "I know you haven't been here long, and I know you don't know Finn very well."

"What does this have to do with anything?" she snapped back.

"It means you don't really know how much of a family we've become. And when a family member dies, you would grieve. Right?"

"I didn't grieve when my mom died." Everybody gasped. "She was a bitch I barely knew. Why should I have cared?"

"Anyways," Mr. Schue continued, " I think we should hold a funeral service for Finn."

"We should honor what a great man he is," Tina spoke.

"And how no matter how hard he tries, he still won't know how to dance," Mercedes added, receiving a small amount of laughter.

"How do you think Rachel took it?" Sam asked.

"I bet she's probably devastated," Santana answered.

Kurt's phone chimed as they kept going on with their conversation.

1 new text from Rachel

He opened it up, and was both surprised and sad about the text. "She's coming," Kurt spoke, looking up.

"What?" they all asked.

"Rachel. She just texted me saying she's coming back here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Gabe arrived at his apartment later that evening, he was greeted by a bag of luggage and a sad face. "No," he said, dropping his things to hug his roommate, Angie. "You're leaving tonight?"

"NYADA said they'd save my room if I checked in tomorrow morning," she replied.

"I can't believe your parents don't trust me enough to let you stay."

"Yeah, they're crap like that," she said, grabbing her bag. "So, this is goodbye?"

"You're acting like we won't see each other in class tomorrow," he said. "But...yeah." She gave him a pathway inside the apartment before she stepped out and closed the door.

Grabbing his bags off of the floor, he tossed them on the couch and began to make dinner for one. In the middle of cooking, his phone buzzed, indicating a new message. Checking the screen, it was an unknown number claiming to be Kurt.

When he called the number, he sighed in relief as he picked up the phone. "Rachel gave me your number, before you say anything," Kurt spoke, not giving him any time to respond. "Now, I need your help with something. Rachel's planning to come back home for a while, but she still needs someone to care for her on the plane in case something happens."

"Is this where I come in?" he interrupted.

"Yup."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Gabe," Rachel greeted the next day in class, her face clear from any signs of sadness.

"Hey," he answered.

"So, first things first, I'm really sorry that I've been ignoring you lately."

"It's fine. You needed your space."

"Anyways, I'm planning to go back to my hometown - "

"Lima, right?" he asked, remembering the time she told him where she's from.

"Yeah. So, I was wondering if - "

"I wanted to come along?" He pulled out two paid tickets on a one-round trip to Lima, Ohio.

"How'd you know?" she asked, surprised.

"I talked to Kurt last night," he answered, handing her one of the tickets. "The flight leaves on Friday."

"Have you talked with the teachers?"

"They all said if I find somewhere where I can help out, they'll give me extra credit points." As they stretched on the bar, he asked, "There's a Glee Club in Lima, right?"

She nodded. "The McKinley High New Directions. I'm kind of an alumni."

"Maybe I could help out there and get some credits."

"That would be awesome!" she smiled. "You could meet everyone."

"Can't wait," he smiled back.

~~***~~

**Edited. Hopefully the ending is less crappy.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this!!

~Rosie

(Song(s) used: Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne)

~~***~~