Chapter 2: Why Did I Put Myself In This Situation?

Hola!

Vote,

Comment

&

Enjoy!

Maybe I was too excited...

I walked with too much of a pep in my step and my body was ready to combust with all the shaking I was doing. The grin on my face was everlasting, and I may or may have not had heart in my eyes. But, c'mon, who could blame me? I was heading towards the man of my dreams! I sped walked out of the building and basically sprinted to the ramen shop.

Ok, it was safe to say I was a little excited.

But, I'm sure I wasn't overdoing it, was I?

When I finally arrived to Ramen Ichiraku, it seemed I'd arrived kinda late. All of team 7 was already there, heck, Kakashi Sensei was already there. It seemed they had already ordered their food because they all had an empty plate in front of them, except for Naruto who was still stuffing some noodles down his throat. I froze in my steps and my excitement dwindled down to nervousness.

Well, shoot, it seemed I had the sudden case of cold feet.

It was finally beginning to dawn on me. I was finally teamed up with Naruto! ...Well, Ren was, but I was currently in her body so...yeah, I was finally teamed up with Naruto. I wanted to sigh dreamily before I remembered they were just a mere few feet away.

I took a deep breath and reminded myself a couple times that I was Ren and I needed to act like her. That meant I needed to be extra cherry, which wouldn't be hard because just Naruto's presence put me in my happy place.

"Hey guys!" I finally greeted as I came over to them. They all turned their heads to me and since Naruto was still busy eating he also turned his bowl. He froze mid-turn with noodles hanging from his lips before he slurped them into his mouth. Aww.

"And where were you?" Sakura's snippy voice resounded and I couldn't help the words that left my mouth next.

"With your mom." Crap, not two minutes in and I already friggin' blew my cover. What, are ya kidding me?! This was definitely not a Ren thing to say.

There was a confused look on Sakura's face, "Why were you with my mom?" She asked as I stared at her almost in shock. The expressions on the others face told me that they didn't get the joke. Phew, that was close. I wanted to sigh in relief and thanked God that Naruto didn't have much 'Your Mom' jokes.

This was like a second chance for me to redeem myself and have my teammates not suspect a thing. Obviously, they've met before at the roof for introductions, and for their first training with the bells. They must have been able to pick up her personality traits by then so I couldn't just be myself.

"Um," I began scratching my head, "She...she uh, needed help moving her stuff into...boxes?" Oh, way to go Mika! You, idiot!

"Why would she need help moving her stuff into boxes?"

"You're...moving?"

"I am?" Sakura furrowed her eyebrows at me and touched her chin almost panicky, "I am?! W-Why w-wouldn't she tell me this?! What!" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Surprise?" I suggested, "She wanted to tell you when you get home--"

Sakura jumped from her seat, looking completely shocked before she turned to Kakashi, "Kakashi-Sensei, may I please be excused to go to my mother about this?!" Kakashi turned his head to Sakura and raised a brow, "I need to talk to my mother about this moving, I can't move! And why she hasn't told me and..." I basically tuned Sakura out from then on as she began blathering. But Kakashi looked considerate for a moment before nodding his head; I was sure he wasn't listening either after the 'go to my mother.'

"Why not," Kakashi sighed bored, "since it seems like such an emergency," even though it really wasn’t. I was sure Kakashi could see I was lying, but was playing along. It was either that or... He just didn't care. "Just be back within an hour. Meet us hear again."

"Hai." Sakura bowed and darted off.

I took her now empty seat situated by the wall and Sasuke, silently laughing to myself. I bet it would be funny when she reaches home and her mother has no idea what she's talking about. Wow, what was meant to be a snarky comeback turned into a sneaky lie. Sakura was gone. I grinned at what I had just accomplished.

"So what's on top of our list today?" Naruto asked as he placed what seemed like his fourth bowl aside on the table. I laughed at this.

I turned to him and Kakashi, but I hadn't really take in account that Sasuke's big ass head would've come popping up the same time I turned mine. In a matter of seconds the back of his skull crashed into my chin and I bit down on my tongue.

"Son of a bitch!" I cursed immediately, "I should have you hanged for this, I'm royalty you piece of poop!"

Why?

Why did I say this?

Mika, why did you place yourself in this situation again?

Ren does not talk like this. The whole team turned their eyes, looking at me as if I'd just grown three heads. Ren certainly did not say stuff like this.

"Uh," I stuttered and forced a laugh, "That's what I would've said if...if I was someone one else and not Ren. Like, like, one of those snobbish royal people who get upset over everything." I chuckled nervously and rubbed my chin before quickly turning to Sasuke, "I am so sorry, please I beg you to forgive me. I shouldn't have turned my head before telling you that I would. Because of my irresponsibility I caused hurt for both of us." I was overdoing it, sure, but this was only to ensure that I was covering my tracks completely.

Sasuke only stared at me as I apologised. I gripped his shoulders and shook him slightly, "Please forgive me!"

"Sure...Ren." He said and I let him go.

"Ren, you ok?" Naruto asked and I instantly nodded my head.

"Never better!" I squeaked and Naruto narrowed his eyes as he looked around.

"I mean, it is a big hot out, maybe the heats getting to you." He puckered his lips into the air as he placed his hand over his eyes as a visor to the sun. "Hmph. Here have my drink." Finally said and moved his cup over to me, crossing over Sasuke who just stared as impassive as ever. I impulsively reached for the cup and gripped it tightly in my hand before allowing it to slip and fall. And all over Sasuke too.

"Hey, what the heck?" He jumped out of the seat and glared at his now wet pants.

"I am so sorry!" I gasped trying my best to keep the grin off my face. I shouldn't laugh, it wouldn't be a Ren thing to do. And Ren did like Sasuke too. She was a huge fan. I quickly grabbed some napkins besides me and went to pat the wet spot, "Here, let me!"

I really shouldn't have.

Honestly, I shouldn't have suggested to dry that because as soon as dry his jeans, it was then did I realise what I'd just done. Why was I so stupid? I was patting the spot where I spilt the water, the centre of his jeans. Right by the crouch area, that's right I had my hand on his ba-donka donk.

Sasuke froze. I froze. And at lightning speed I removed my hand and dropped the napkins. My face was on fire and I didn't dare look up. It was silent and the awkwardness in the air was suffocating. We need to go on with our mission now 'cos this is just embarrassing!

"Well, as interesting as..." Kakashi paused, "whatever this is, is we need to start heading out because we have a kitty to save."

Hey guys, FreeHugs4FiveDollars here, aka Priscilla-Ann. So here's chapter 2, sorry it took so long but I wanted to write out a few more chapters so I'd have them ready. Things may seem slow but they will be much more exciting in a few more chapters :3 ya know what I mean, *ahem* Zabuza *ahem*

Haha, anyway, vote & comment (what do you think about this chapter?)

Thanks for reading,

hugs and cookie dough ice cream,

Priscilla-Ann.