Chapter 26

Millie's POV:

I spent the day in my bed. Waking up, crying again, drifting off to sleep. The last time I checked the clock it was nearly 11pm and I wasn't tired any more. I didn't know why I cried. I just felt like crying the whole day. My eyes were swollen and were hurting. I stood up from the bed, turning on the light and walked down into the kitchen to see that there was still no sign of Harry. I began to feel scared. He knew I didn't like to sleep alone in the house, he said he wont let me alone. I walked back upstairs again, falling back on the bed. I curled into the sheets and tried to close my eyes. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't. I turned on the laptop, putting One Tree Hill on trying to make me forget about what happened. But not even One Tree Hill could help me. I began to cry again, soft sobs were leaving my body and before I could even realise it I cried myself back to sleep.

As I woke up the next day it was 7am and I instantly walked down to check if Harry came back. He didn't. I held back the tears which appeared in my eyes and decided to go out for a walk. I wanted to get something from the bakery. I grabbed my purse and my phone, locked the door behind me and began to walk. I hoped nobody would see me and nobody would recognize me. My sunglasses over my eyes, with my hair up to a messy bun I walked into the city. The cars were driving past me and as always when a car drove slower I flinched but I tried to keep myself relaxed. It was a long time since I walked alone through the streets and I weird feeling overcame me. What if. No, I shook my head and walked faster, not this time. This time I wanted to go out like a normal person without any fear. Where is Harry? I always felt so safe with him around me. Why did he let me alone? What was he doing? Where was he? My mind was going crazy and I let out a deep sigh as I saw the bakery in the distance.

I ordered me a croissant and a bottle of orange juice before I walked out of the bakery and sat down on a bench. People were talking and walking past me and the sun was slightly shining. I began to eat as I thought about calling Harry and asking him where he went but I decided against it. I needed him yes, but I didn't want him to know that I was scared and I didn't want him to feellike the only one who could safe me.

I started to walk back home and as I reached the door I was glad nothing suspicious happened. I walked into my room and into the shower, tried to cover up my swollen eyes with some make-up and walked towards the cupboard to decide what to wear to Rubys Party. I looked at the watch to see that it was only 8:30am and I had plenty of time left. A few moments later I grabbed my phone and dealt Rubys number, I never asked her when the Party would start.

“Hi” she answered simply.

“Hi Ruby”

“What wrong?” her soft voice was filled with concern.

“Nothing, I just wanted to ask when the Party would start” I tried to let my voice sound strong.

“6pm”

“Oh okay” I looked at the watch, how would I spent the time until 6pm.

“But if you want to you can come by earlier and help me with all the party arrangements” she suggested and I let out a sigh, hoping that she hasn't heard it.

“Yes I would love to” I answered.

“I can pick you up in half an hour, I need to go to the supermarket around your house before”

“Okay perfect, I'll be ready” I was glad she suggested it and I really wanted to help her.

“Good see you then” Ruby sounded stressed but that was probably only because of the Party.

“See you” I hung up and started to pack all the things I needed.

As Ruby picked me up half an hour later we drove to the supermarket and by the amount of alcohol Ruby bought I assumeshe invited lots of people. We didn't really talk about anything important but I could see it in her eyes that she wanted to ask about Harry. I was glad as she didn't but the looks she gave me were weird. She checked me out and she every time I bent down to put something from the shopping trolley into the Car she locked over my body. I could see her in the corner of my eyes and I wondered what she was looking for. Was she looking for bruises and scars? Was she thinking Harry would do something like that? Or did she find out about.. you know. Only the thought about my past tightened my chest and I faked a smile at her to tell her everything was okay. Ruby smiled back and as we drove to her house, I was glad that there was so much work that she didn't have time to ask me anything and we just started to organise everything and being the two best friends we always were.