Chapter 19

Ayden's POV

All I can say is Monday is finally here. I know, most people hate Mondays and I normally do but this Monday is special. Riley is coming back and I'll get to see him at school. This has been one long weekend for me. I've missed him so much. Its weird not having someone around when you're used to seeing them everyday and night. Him being gone had even affected my sleeping patterns. I was so used to sleeping in the bed with him that it felt wrong to be sleeping by myself.

I quickly got dressed and headed to school almost an hour early. I still don't know why I decided to get to school early. Riley had sent me a text to let me know that he wouldn't be at school till second or third period unfortunately. I guess I was just hoping that if I arrived early that maybe the day would go by faster but boy was I wrong.

I was sitting on the hood of my car waiting for my friends to arrive when I felt my phone vibrate. I saw it was my dad calling so I answered.

“Hey dad, what's up?”

“Hello Ayden. I just wanted to call you to let you know that I'm going to take your mom out to our summer house in Montana. I think it would be nice for her to relax there for a bit to help with her recovery. Plus, I know that she would love to spend some time with her sister and her sister's family. I was going to tell you before you left for school this morning but you must have left early since you're obviously not here.”

I chuckled. “Yeah, I guess I got a little anxious about Riley coming back today and I just couldn't wait. And I think it would be good for mom too. What time are you guys leaving and how long are you guys going to be gone for?”

“Well, we wanted to wait till you were done with soccer practice so you can take us so we don't have to drive. Plus, your mom wants to say bye to you and Riley. She's excited that he's back today too. But, we're probably going to stay for a week or two. It just depends on how your mom is feeling and recovering. But we won't be gone any longer than that. We know that your tournaments for soccer will be starting soon and you know we never miss those games.”

I smiled. He wasn't lying. They also made sure they never missed my tournament games since they couldn't always make it to the season games. “Alright dad, that sounds good. I hope you guys have fun.”

“I'm sure we will Ayden. We'll discuss the little details when you come home and take us to the airport. Now be good and pay attention in school today. I know you're excited but you and Riley will have the house to yourselves after you take your mother and I to the airport,” he finished off laughing.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I was just glad no one else was listening to our conversation. “Dad, you are disgusting. Aren't you supposed to discourage your kid from having sex? But yet you're encouraging me and Riley to have sex in your house while you're gone. Ugh! Whatever. I'll see you when soccer practice is done.”

"Haha...relax Ayden. And why would I discourage it? I know you guys are having sex and I can't stop it so I'd rather encourage it as long as you're being safe. But whatever. I love you Ayden. Bye.”

“Love you too. Bye."

I shook my head and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I then laid down against the windshield of my car until I heard a car pull up beside mine. I glanced over to see Schyler climb out of her car and then Nicole and Chloe climbed out as well.

“Hey girls. How was your weekend?”

“It was great Ayden. Brayden and I went out on a double date with Chloe and Xavier,” Schyler quickly shared with me.