Chapter 2

Ayden stared at his phone for what felt like hours. He started to get nervous. He had calculus 4th period with Brayden and he had no idea what Brayden was going to do with this piece of information. Out of all the friends, Ayden and Brayden were the only two that never really talked or hung out.

The bell rang signalling the end of homeroom. Ayden and Schyler took off to 1st period french together. Since it was the first day, their teacher Madame DuPont let them have a free period. Ayden decided to text Xavier and see what he thought about the text from Brayden since Schyler was involved in a very serious shoe conversation with some cheerleaders.

A: so i got a very interesting txt from Bray.

X: wat did he say??

A: he said he knew who i liked and that we needed 2 tlk soon. what do u think he'll do?

X: man, i have no idea. i dont think he'd tell Riley.

A: i hope not. g2g girls need an opinion on some shoes. lol

X: lol good luck. cya at lunch

Schyler and the cheerleaders ended up distracting me till the end of the period. Ayden happily made his way to his 2nd period class which was chemistry. It was a double period and he had the class with Riley. They were assigned seats after they chose their own partners for the year. Riley and Ayden decided to be partners of course. They sat down and spend the double period talking about the soccer game and their strategy as co-captains.

As the bell rang for the end of 3rd period, Ayden's hands started to sweat and he started to feel sick to his stomach. Ayden started thinking about skipping but since it was only the first day of school, the office would notify his parents and he knew they'd be pissed. He walked in right before the bell rang and noticed Brayden saved him a seat. Slowly, Ayden made his way down the aisle towards Brayden.

"I was beginning to think you were going to skip class," said Brayden.

"I was seriously thinking about it. So, what do you want? Are you going to tell anyone??" asked Ayden.

"No, but I've been wondering...how long have you been in love with Riley?" Brayden wondered.

So, he wasn't bluffing. Ayden replied, "first off, how did you even know I liked Riley?"

"I may tend to be a bit quiet but I am very observative. Now, how long?" Brayden answered.

"Since I realized I was gay...I've tried to get over him but I just can't seem too. It just makes it so much worse that my best friend is dating him," Ayden said.

"I know how you feel. I want to help you win him over. I think he has some feelings for you that he's hiding. But, I'm going to need your help as well. Do you think you can help me?" Brayden asked while looking sort of nervous.

Ayden wondered why Brayden wanted to help him and what possibly could Brayden need help with. "I'll do my best. What do you need?"

"Well, like you've been in love with Riley, I've been in love with Schyler since I moved her. I think she likes me because it always seems like she is flirting with me when I flirt with her. What do you think? You're her best friend." Brayden said.

"Schyler deffinitly thinks you are hot, she said that when you moved her but I've also seen her check you out when we're playing shirts and skins at practice. I could always talk to her a little more. She's staying the night this weekend. But how are you planning on helping me with Riley?" Ayden asked curiously.

Brayden looked deep in thought and slowly replied, "that is for another day. You'll know soon enough."

BRINNNGGGG!

The bell rang for lunch before Ayden got to say anything else. They both got up and headed towards the cafeteria to meet up with the rest of their group.

The first thing Ayden saw when he stepped into the lunchroom was Riley with his arms around Schyler's waist. It felt like a knife in his chest everything he saw them close like that. He plastered a fake smile on and headed over to the table.

Author's Note:
So, I decided to upload the second chapter kind of fast. Please comment and vote. Let me know how I'm doing. I've never wrote before and I want to know what you all think. Should I continue this story or not? Advice would be greatly appreciated.