First Time Lucky

Kylo's P.O.V

Despite my earlier words, only General Hux and Captain Phasma were with me when Pixel let us into her mind.

And my stars it was painful for all of us.

Her body strapped to the contraption, and her head laid back like she was simply on a holiday, Pixel stared straight into my eyes, not blinking once in over a minute. She seemed to be in a trance.

"Open your mind." I demanded.

Immediately, I felt her body relax, but she frowned in obvious effort not to block my own probing mind. I connected Captain Phasma and General Hux, so they could join in the search.

Yet, Pixel surprised us.

Her memories of a particular time were pushed in front of all others. She began to speak, like a narrator. She told us her story.

"My family and I never once got along. I felt, even hoped, that I truly was adopted."

To prove her words, a clip of her family talking peacefully until she entered the room was displayed in front of us. All conversation dispersed, and strange looks were exchanged.

"With a brain as brilliantly funtioning as mine, I quickly tired of being singled out, and decided that I wanted them to know how I felt."

Instead of an image, I felt a rush of her own anger and boredom spread inside me. They were both incredibly hard to fight off, and I understood her struggle.

"I started with my younger brother London."

A memory began playing front of us.

Her parents lying over a body, a pool of blood masking the face. They were crying. Another girl with long brown waves of hair was pointing and yelling at Pixel in an accusing tone.

"Your fault! You did this to him!"

She burst into tears, joining her parents near the body.

Behind their backs, a grin of satisfaction was growing on Pixel's face. She had indeed killed her brother.

"But the best part was, nothing could lead back to me. Not when I wasn't even in the room. Not when I didn't physically kill my brother. Not when he had in actual fact... killed himself." I heard the joy in her voice, and a chill ran up my spine.

This news was shocking to us all.

"Next came my sister, Mini-Lee. She used the old fashion knife-in-the-chest trick. She was much easier to convince then London."

An image of Pixel's parents mourning the loss of their second child flittered into view.

"My parents came two nights later. My mother died because she believed she shouldn't live without a family. My father, because he couldn't live without my mother."

A small contented sigh escaped Pixel, and I realised how truly psychotic she was.

"Then came the neighbors. I was a suspect, but you cannot convict someone of a crime commited by the person who has died. My skills grew, and suddenly, one person was dying each night. There was no direct enemy. Their only protection was to pray that they were not next."

I felt a distant memory of my own stir. Pixel's eyes had not left my own, and could see she was trying to tell me something.

"A whole village was wiped out, by an invisble force. A whole village bar one girl. There was another exception, though."

A flicker of her sadness burned inside of me.

"A family did escape. A family who was wise enough to leave before I destroyed them. At this very moment, I am glad they did. A father, his wife, and his son."

Another clipped memory showed.

Pixel watching a ship in the distance, leaving her ever shrinking village. She smiled, a true smile of pure happiness. She waved at the ship.

The image zoomed in on one window, and I saw someone was waving back to her, looking sad to leave her behind.

"Goodbye, Ben." Pixel whispered.

It took a moment for me to realize that she was actually talking to me now and not in the image.

The connection between us was cut off as I slumped to the ground. I was unable to move my body, and my head wizzed with thoughts. I felt blood trickling out of my mouth and nose.

"You were lucky the first time..." Pixel whispered to me.

This was when it dawned.

Her whole life, she had been planning this. A way to finally finish the village off. A way to seek revenge for the trying to escape.

This was how she killed each and every one of the villagers. She would show them something that would tear them appart so much that they simply lost the will to live.

I was the boy in the ship, and Pixel was my old friend, Barnie.

Even now, as I felt myself drifting, I made a promise to find the old Barnie. I would not stop fighting, or living, until I had seen her truly return to the way we had been before.

I would not rest until Barnie came back.

I would not rest...

Dun dun DUN!

Just so you all know, this story sorta takes place after TFA, with some minor changes. Rey escaped and all with Chewie and Finn and BB-8. But their plan failed. They did not destroy the planet or the weapon.

Also, Kylo does not have his scar yet. Yet. ;)

What do you think happens next? I really want to know!

Added picture is Pixel waving goodbye.

Howling_DreamHaunter