Dark Salvation: 17 *

Zak saw his fist flying towards his jaw. When he caught it with his hand, he kickednDrake's feet out from under him and he fell to the ground with hell-bitten anger in his eyes. Luna shrieked when Drake leaped to his feet and tackled Zak, using his anger as a weapon, but what she didn't know was that Zak had his own temper which was being ragged at.

Restricting his arms with his legs, Drake held Zak like a rag-doll throwing aimless punches at his stomach and face. Luna yelled at Drake to stop, but he continued to beat his fists everywhere against Zak's body. She sunk to her knees and closed her eyes as their fighting became worse. 

"Drake! Stop, you're hurting him!" She screeched when Drake turned and spat at her. 

"Shut up, he's just another bastard that is looking to screw you over!" A sickening crack sound from Drake's nose as Zak threw a fist aa her old friend stared back at her. 

Leaping to his feet, Zak elbowed Drake in the face as he stumbled backwards and landed on his back. Picking Drake up, he kneed his in the stomach before throwing him back to the ground. Spitting blood to the right of him, Zak growled when Drake scrapped himself from off the ground, and threw more weakened punches as Zak dodged easily.

Aaron, Nick, and Billy came around the corner and tried to pry the fighting boys apart but Luna pulled them back and tried to herself. "Zak," she cried and he looked back at her. "Stop."

Billy fumbled with his phone as he tried to call the police, finally dialing the number he ordered the police to the fighting boy's location. Drake took advantage of Zak's distraction and tackled him to the ground again, they rolled on the ground and Zak ended up on top as he threw his fists into Drake's face.

Sirens wailed in the distance as Zak bashed his fists against Drake, the police piled out of their car and pried Zak from Drake as Luna cried on Nick's shoulder. They loaded Zak in the police car as he tried to calm down, an ambulance pulled in behind a first responder and loaded Drake's broken body onto a stretcher and back into the ambulance. 

Luna pushed away from Nick and ran towards the police car where the police began their 'what your side of the story' questions. A female officer stopped her before she could get any closer than a few feet. "Ma'am, calm down. You can't see him, he's a suspect in the beating of that young man."

With a glare she tried to push the officers arms off of her. "Let me go, it was Drake's fault that they fought." The officers pushed her back. "Zak!" She screamed as more officers pushed her away from the scene. The police car that Zak was in began to pull away from her driveway when she sobbed into Nick's shoulder as they watched their best friend being ripped away from them.

 *

Zak stared down at his feet, the cuffs the officers placed around his wrists that were starting to dig in deeper as he thought to himself. He sat back in the yellow plastic chair in front of the wooden table that piles of his records sat ready for the next officer to interrogate him, which of course were completely clean.

There was nothing much to stare at besides white walls and a little clock near the ceiling, it's ticking mocking him every time his eyes darted from it. The door to the left of Zak opened and reveal a rather gruff looking officer with dull eyes and a stiff black mustache over his upper lip. He sat in the chair across the table from Zak with a sigh. With another exhausted huff, the officer looked over his files with a quick stare.

"Clean records, Mister Bagans." Zak gulped and stared at his feet. The officer looked up from his files with a smirk. "So you two were fighting over Miss Storm, eh?"

Zak shook his head quickly. "No, sir."

"I'm Robert Grylls," Zak glanced up and watched as Robert rubbed his rough upper lip hair. "So, what's your side of the story, kid?"