Dark Salvation: 13 *

Upon arriving at the 'surprise' restaurant called Beef O'bradys, the crew had Luna sing at least three songs before her throat began to ache from it's long usage. They all piled out and got a booth in the back, their blond waitress glaring daggers at Luna when Zak sat at her side, a little too close to her liking.

She clicked her pen idly and waited for the drink orders. "Hello, I'm Katrina and I'll be your waitress today. What can I get y'all to drink?"

Zak pipped up first. "Me and Nick will have a water, please."

Aaron gave a dumb smile and burst out laughing while Billy rolled his eyes. "Sorry, I'll take a sweet tea."

"Same." Billy hummed and all eyes went to Luna, she blushed and glanced at Katrina. 

Luna clicked her tongue and ducked her head down. "I guess I'll have a water as well."

Katrina left and the table began their discussion about tonight's lockdown at Cobblestone. Zak had yet to break the news about Luna joining them in their investigation. He thought he may as well start that conversation.

"Guys, guys," Zak tried to get their attention but it failed. Luna glanced up at him and giggled, an idea formed in her head as Zak tried to get their attention. He sat back down and huffed, "Help me?" Luna smiled evilly.

She leaned towards his ear and whispered out her plan. After two seconds of scheming, they began their full proof, attention-gathering plan. Luna struck her leg out to Aaron and gave a swift kick to his knee silencing him as he hissed in pain. Zak kicked Nick and Billy, the three of them hissed in pain and rubbed their knees.

Luna giggled, causing Zak to smile proudly. "Now that I have everyone's attention, I have an announcement!" He cheered.

Billy glared at Zak. "And it involves kicking us?!" 

"No, it was to get your attention." Zak casted an evil glance down at Luna who narrowed her eyes playfully. "It was her idea!" He yelled childishly like Billy would. The crew about died from laughter and when they finally got silent because their cheeks and lungs hurt from laughing, Zak continued. "Luna will be joining us at tonight's lockdown at Cobblestone." He spilled out quickly.

Aaron and Nick exchanged knowing looks while Billy shook his head with a wide smile, all eyes went to Luna again. She hid her reddening face with the large menus, Zak snatched it and folded it neatly in the corner of the table.

"Congrats and welcome, Luna," Aaron congratulated with a wide goofy smile. He reached over the table with his hand. "I look forward to investigating with you." Luna shook his hand smiling when Katrina came back with her little order pad.

Katrina clicked her tongue tiredly and sighed. "What shall y'all get to eat tonight?"

Nick, Aaron, Billy and Zak ordered some kind of chicken and Luna asked nicely for a small meal of cheese sticks with fries. She wasn't hungry, just nervous. After a few minutes of awkward silence that filled the table, Zak whipped out his iPhone and began checking his Twitter account. With a wide smile, he pulled everyone together for a picture.

"Billy stand next to Aaron," He commanded, shuffling Nick to stand between Aaron and Billy with his arms draped around their shoulders in a friendly way. "Nick stay where you are, I'll stand next to Aaron and Luna you can squeeze in where ever you want."

Zak stood next to Aaron. Luna looked back and forward as the boy pushed her to stand in front of their lead investigator. He glanced down and blushed awkwardly with the same sheepish smile that Luna found adorable. Posing his arm out of the photo, Zak wrapped his arm around Luna's shoulder when he took the picture. The group broke up and sat back down when the food finally came.

The boys dug into their food almost immediately and finished before Luna could take her second bite, they laughed when Luna nibbled on her cheese stick. "We just, like, enhaled our food!" Aaron pointed out with a laugh as the group increased their laughter.

Zak and Luna were the only ones who were absently quiet, it was almost like there was no one sitting there. She happened to cast a glance in his direction when Zak met her eyes and smiled brightly, the same warm feeling shivered through Luna's body ust like when they hugged. Scared by the feeling, she broke eye contact and stared at her legs.

A gaze pierced her heart and when she looked up she saw Zak's sapphire blue eyes, almost the exact same color as the ocean. Warmth filled Luna's heart as they stared into each other's eyes, and out of the corner of her eyes, she saw his hand move to hers that was carefully tucked near her leg.

She flinched slightly when his warm hand wrapped around hers, but relaxed when he pulled her to his shoulder. Nick eyed them slightly, and ignore their hands that were hidden by the table. Zak and Luna would've died of embarrassment if he were to point it out.

Zak carried a proud warm smile when Katrina came back with a sour expression towards Luna, she snatched her hand away and blushed at the waitress' greedy eyes. Katrina cleaned the table and the crew slowly began leaving. Luna squeezed by Zak and ran to the bathroom, her heart racing a million miles per hour.

When she successfully locked the door behind her, she sank down the door and put her head in her knees. Her heart and thoughts raced. "This is impossible," Luna whispered to herself as she felt tears surge to her eyes. "It's a dream. All a crazy dream and I will wake up before any of this will happen. Yes, a dream!" She rambled, trying to call her erratic heart.

 *

Nick smiled and pulled Zak behind the GAC van when he clapped his hands together. "Way to go man!" He cheered while Zak eyed him with wide eyes. "With Luna, I mean. You really took over and showed her your true feelings, now all you have to do is wait and see if she accepts you, then...boom! You have her!"

The lead investigator eyed Nick thoroughly and raised a brow. "Out of all the pep talks I've had...that was the weirdest of them all." Zak cleared his throat and rubbed his hands together, he glanced around not seeing Luna. "Speaking of Luna, where is she?" Nick shrugged and his friend took off back into the restaurant. He checked over the booth they were last sitting at and she wasn't there. 

Then Zak remembered...Luna had rushed to the bathroom when everyone began to leave to table. He trailed to the first bathroom and knocked lightly on the door. "Luna? Are you in there?"

A small girl's voice responded, "Yeah."

"You alright?" The door opened and Luna stepped out with her head down her eyes trailing the ground, not wanting to look up. "Luna, I'm sorry about...that. I shouldn't have let my emotions take over and rule out my decisions, it's just..." He trailed off when Luna looked up with wide eyes.

She shook her head. "This is stupid," Luna shook her head again and sank down the wall with her head in her hands again. Zak abrupty sat down beside her and rubbed her back comfortingly. "All of this...these emotions and shit, it's stupid...all of it."

He sighed. "I know, I feel the same. It's like a..."

"Dream." They said together. Luna stared up a Zak and sighed. 

Shaking her head, Luna smiled halfheartedly. "Yeah, a dream. But...yet, it's so real."

Zak sighed and leaned his head back against the wall, a small, husky chuckle escaped his lips. "I don't know what to do anymore, all that I know is that I can't leave your side."

*

(A/N: *cries* Aww! Cute moment when they talk, makes me *sniffles* cry everytime I read it, I hope you enjoy the next chapter!

Peace,

Love,

and GHOST ADVENTURES!