Dark Salvation: 10 *

A/N: As Ghost Adventures fans know, the crew have a habit of letting curse word fly because of their finding! :P If you are uncomfortable with these such words, please ignore them. Don't report me, you've been warned. O-o

*

"What the hell?" Zak exited the room and searched the outside hallway. "Nick did you hear that?"

"Yeah, it sounded like a stone or something was being thrown. Maybe a knock?" Nick went down the list of possibilities until Luna pushed past him and went into the hallway. Immediately, she was engulfed by darkness. "Luna, watch out!" Nick yelled from behind the camera when he spotted the staircase in front of her. 

Stopping in her tracks, Zak came over with a flashlight in hand. he reached into his pocket and pulled out his spare, and upon handing it to Luna, he smiled. "Be careful, it's dark." He mused, watching Luna stick her tongue out at him childishly.

"I would know." She retorted now avoiding the staircase and trailing behind Zak. "Have you figured out what the noise was yet?" Zak sighed and shook his head no. "Why don't we do a simple EVP session for ten or fifteen minutes and leave. Gotta save the best for tomorrow night's lockdown!" She added, clapping her hands together.

Luna and Zak both pulled out a digital recorder at the same time, causing the three to start laughing. Pocketing her recorder, she eyed Zak with blue eyes, gesturing for him to continue. He sighed and turned the recorder on.

"Who are you?" He asked.

They asked a total of six question, waiting until they had five mintues left so they could ask their last question. This time Luna pipped up, "Did you throw something?" When their time was up, they scurried down the stair and back into the KIA.

Zak loaded himself into the back seat next to Luna with a laptop in hand, he intended to review the audio live while Nick drove Luna back to her house. He plugged in the recorder and when he finally got the earbuds plugged into the portable computer, he offered a bud to Luna and she accepted eagerly. He started the audio and the two of them just about flew out of their seats. 

"Wholly shit!" Zak yelled suddenly, staring point blank at the computer screen.

Luna shared the same expression. "What the hell was that?" The two glanced at each other and Zak went over the audio again, enhancing it so they could here the voices clearly. 

"Who are you?" Zak's voice rang into their ears. 

Silence greeted them until five seconds afterwards. "Go to hell!" A manly voice screamed at the top of his lungs. 

They exchanged looks again and eagerly played past a few minutes to the second question. Luna's voice shone clearly through the audio. "Did you throw something?"

Labored breathing sounded. "A...rock..." 

Smiling Luna handed the ear bud back to Zak. He smiled gratefully and popped it in, and upon reviewing the audio again, Nick glanced up into the rear view mirror. He gestured for her to sit in the front passenger seat beside him, Luna glanced at Zak who was intently listening to the audio. Shrugging, she climbed over the seat and sat down next to Nick. He casted a glance behind him at Zak before he spoke in a low whisper.

"If I tell you this, will you swear not to tell him?" He pointed his head in Zak's direction. Luna nodded slowly with a confused look. "Okay, not to sound like we are in elementary school but, Zak likes you."

Luna stopped breathing, how could Zak like her? She wasn't special, she didn't need anyone to tell her otherwise. Nick shook her shoulder to bring her back out of her current daze. "H-he what?" Luna stuttered while he nodded to the question she was about to ask.

She sat back in the seat and put one of her hands on her stomach, it started to churn. Nick laid a reassuring hand on her arm. "Don't worry, Luna." Nick soothed her calmly. "No pressure. I just hope that you feel the same way...he's been acting so strange lately. No one had ever seen him act this in hs life and it's starting to scare us. Recently, I've thought on it and realized that I acted that way too before I met my wife."

Closing her eyes and opening them slowly, she stared at Nick as her stomach still churned violently with an unknown feeling. "What are you pointing at?" She asked when she caught her breath.

Nick looked at Zak through his rear view mirror and let out a small chuckle. "He's lonely."

"What's that have to do with me?"

He sighed. "Luna," Nick said in a low whisper to get her attention. "Zak's head over heels in love with you. What's not to get?"

"Sorry, I'm just so shocked..." She whispered, turning her eyes to the outside world that swept by from the car's speed.

Nick pulled into Luna's street and her heart raced with anxiety. "One more thing," Luna looked at him with wide eyes, already scared to the bone. "If things go right, and you two end up together...and if you ever truly love him one day, don't hesitate to show him. It would break his heart if you played with him like some of his other girlfriends in the past. But still...no pressure."

"That's a lot of pressure, Nick!" Luna hissed when he pulled the KIA into her driveway. He let out another chuckle before Zak jumped out of the car and stretched his arms.

He opened the car door for Luna and she stepped out, still holding her swirling stomach. He lead her to her steps where she unlocked her door and turned to Zak with a small smile she barely mustered up for him. "Goodbye...and thanks."

He rubbed the back of his neck nervously and stared at his feet. "Uh- mind if I get your number...? To call you for the lockdown that is!" He yelled suddenly, sounding as if he was correcting himself.

Luna walked inside and grabbed a sticky note, she wrote her number neatly and handed it to Zak. "The top one is my home phone and the bottom is my cell. If you can't reach me by phone for some strange reason, I do have a Twitter account."

They laughed and trailed off awkwardly. Zak turned to leave but whirled around before Luna could close the door. "Would you be willing to do the, uh, lockdown with us tomorrow night?" He asked hopefully, giving pleading eyes.

For the second time that day Luna stopped breathing, her stomach spun ever faster. She blinked at Zak and gave a smile, "Of course I will. It would be an honor." Luna had caught her breath in time to respond correctly.

He turned, "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow." He rubbed his neck again and adjusted his hat, realizing that Luna was wearing a Tap Out hat as well. "Call you?" Luna nodded and when he went to turn she ran forward, engulfing him in a hug.

"Thank you," Luna whispered in his ear while he turned and pulled her into a full hug. "Thank you for everything. It means so much to me to know I'm not alone in my fight against the world of skeptics."

Stunned yet oddly elated that she was in his arms, he gripped her tighter and leaned his head on top of hers. It scared Luna as well...until a tiny flutter in her heart told her to stay. Being in his arms felt strangely right and she didn't want to end it. "You're welcome," Zak whispered back in her ear and pulled away, adjusting his hat again. He boarded the KIA and they left, leaving Luna to gaze in the spot where Zak once stood.