A love story

The sun shined on your face waking you up slowly. You toss and turned until you open your eyes. You wake up to see that you were in your living room on the floor. Last night you watched movies and text your boyfriend and best friend while your parents went to their anniversary dinner.

You took a deep breath as pancakes, eggs and bacon filled your nostrils. Your stomach growled telling you to eat. You sit up and stretch a little bit and then you stand up and stretch fully taking a deep breath again.

You walk into the kitchen and see your dad sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Your mom was making chocolate chip pancakes. It was piles of food filling the table.

You sit down at the table and pull down your dad's newspaper. You smile and he smiles back. "Good morning princess." he says messing up your hair even more.

You had flat ironed your hair last night and forgot to wrap your hair again so it looked like a tornado flew in your hair. You wore sweat pants, a long sleeve green shirt and some mismatched socks.

"Mornin' dad." you say.

"Morning sweetie. We have a surprise for you." your mom says as she sets the pancakes down on the table.

It was obvious. She wouldn't make unnecessary amounts of food for no reason. You nod your head. Looking around to see if It's in a package. You didn't see anything.

"Where is it?" you ask.

Both your parents laugh. You raise a eyebrow.

"Somethings telling me I gotta find it." you say standing up about to start searching.

You start looking through cabinets.

"You're not gonna find it in there." your dad says.

You stop and go sit back down.

"I'll tell you where it is, but first we eat." your mom says.

"Fine." you say.

You all pray before you dig in. You and your parents chatted about what they did last night. They blabbed about how good of a time they had. Once you finished your food, you waited for your mom to say something. She smiled as she picked up the plates and put them in the sink.

"Well?" you ask.

"Go look in your room, Y/n." she says.

You bust open your door. You see new clothes on your bed. Then you look at your dresser. There was a big sign that said "Look below!" You ran over to the dresser picking up two tickets to see Jacob Latimore and two first class plane tickets. You scream and hop around in joy. You get your phone and dial your best friends number. You had to bring her. Your boyfriend would have to come another time. You walked around your room anxious waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey, wassup sis?" Ashley, your best friend, said.

You scream to the top of your lungs not able to hold your excitement. You hear her phone drop and you laugh.

"Girl, you almost gave me a heart attack!" she said laughing.

You laugh.

"Me and you are going to see Jacob Latimore's concert. My parents bought us plane tickets and concert tickets!" you screamed.

You heard her inhale. Then she screamed. You both screamed as you jumped up and down. You were pretty sure she was doing the same thing.

"Oh my God! You better not be lying!" she said.

You laughed.

"Trust me girl, I ain't lying. Pack your clothes and stuff. We leave at 8 so come around 7:30." you say.