Chapter 3: The Attempted-Reject

"Alpha Caine." My dad dipped his head slightly, his face calm but his eyes hostile. 

"Alpha Axel." Caine drawled, wrapping his arms lazily around my shoulders. I scowled, stepped aside to try and pull myself out of his grasp, but he pulled me back to his side once more.

My dad's eyes narrowed at the two of us. "I see you've met my daughter."

"Yes. Benson is a very-- special girl." Caine smirked. I elbowed him as hard as I can, but he didn't seem fazed. 

My dad lifted his eyebrow. "Benson? Her name is Aphrodite." My shoulders sagged. 

"Dad." I sighed.

"Aphrodite? I thought your name was Benson." 

I rolled my eyes. "How did they let you become alpha with your level of stupidity is beyond me." 

"Aphrodite. Be respectful." My dad scolded, but his eyes sparked with amusement. 

"I'm so sorry." I said sarcastically, saluting to Caine and pulling myself out of his grip. It was like suddenly tripping a warm blanket off of my body in the middle of winter. Except it is currently summer and the Australian heat is almost melting me. And it is nearly midnight as well. Please Melbourne, for once, just calm your balls. 

"Okay." I clapped my hands together. "So um- it's very late, I'll-"

"What is your business with my daughter Caine?" My father crossed his arms. 

"She is my mate." Caine tried to put his arm around me once more, but I ducked out of the way just in time. 

"That's what I thought." My father turned around. "Come with me to my office. You too Aphrodite." I pouted. Fine. My dad turned around and walked into the pack house.

I crossed my arms, walking ahead and ignoring Caine. 

"Aphrodite." I walked faster. "Aphrodite." His footsteps got louder. "Aphrodite." A hand landed on my shoulders, whirling me around. 

"What?" I almost snarled. 

Caine's eyes darkened. "What the hell is your problem women?" His hands gripped both of my shoulders tightly, and I resisted to wince. 

"What is my problem? You. You are my problem." I stabbed a finger into his chest. He stared down at me incredulously.

"What the hell did I do to you?" I gritted my teeth. 

How can one human being be so ignorant? "Seriously? You are asking me that question?" He continued to look down at me with a stormy expression, and I sighed. "How stupid are you? If you think that I'll just run merrily into your arms after the attack you orchestrated on my pack then you are more idiotic than I thought." I huffed, crossing my arms. "Why the hell would the moon goddess be as cruel as to pair me with someone as evil and heartless as you?" I muttered, looking away. 

"Is that what you think of me?" He asked lowly. "Fine."

"Fine." I stepped away from him. 

"Fine!" He threw his hands up, taking a step back. 

"Fine! I reject you-" His hands was suddenly slapped over my mouth.

"Don't you dare." He hissed. 

I opened my mouth and bit him as hard as I could. He pulled back with a surprised shout. 

"I reje-" 

"Shut up!" He bellowed, making me take a step back in surprise. "Women, shut the fûck up." I opened my mouth to retort but he cut me off once more. "You are mine Aphrodite. No one, not even you yourself-" He jabbed a finger in my direction, "will change that." And with that, he took a step back, then shifted into a large wolf. My eyes widened. The power that radiated off Caine's wolf was even more intimidating his human. Thick black fur ran down his back, coating the tips of his ears, and the length of his tail. The rest of the wolf is covered in rich cream colored fur with steaks of grey and white. The wolf growled deeply, bowed it's head and sprinted off, it's shape a blur but the rustle of bushes around proved it's presence.