Prologue

Hey guys!

So, as you know, we were planning to post on Thursday, but we've decided to get you all excited by posting the prologue now! 

Anyways, there's no summary (I have yet to actually write it) but there is a cover.

We've decided to only update once a week (Thursday) as it's very hard to post all at once because then we'll get behind and that makes me :'(

So, without further ado, our first collab ever, I'd Rather Be in Love than Dead.

~Anna

Chasity's Perspective:

I ran down towards the cold water of the beach to the warning shouts of my mother, telling me to be careful. I ignored her and continued to run carelessly towards the dark waves, only to feel my six-year-old body collide with another, fairly similar in size.

“Sorry!” I said, my high pitched voice echoing in my brain as I allowed the small figure to help me off of the ground where I lay.

“It’s okay,” They said and I looked to see a boy around my age. He had very dark hair that looked like it hadn’t been brushed in awhile and bright blue eyes that shone in the Miami sunlight. “I’m Garrett, by the way,” He said and I smiled widely, not caring about how crooked my teeth were in the innocence of my age.

“I’m Chasity,” I said brightly and he met my eyes. We stared at each other for a moment before he bashfully looked away and then asked if I’d help him with his sandcastle. I accepted and skipped after him to the fallen castle.

We talked on for hours as we rebuilt the castle every time it fell and repeatedly acted out Sir Bedhead saving Princess Chasity from the tower we’d built around me. As the brave knight saved me for the last time before we would be forced to back to the hotel with our parents, Garrett turned to me. “When are you going home?” The seven-year-old asked me as I thought sadly of returning home to Arizona, where we’d found we both lived (though I lived in Phoenix, and him in Gilbert).

“I think we have four days left here,” I said as his mother tried once again to fix his messy hair to no avail. I giggled and he stuck his tongue out at me before bidding me goodnight and going back to the resort with his mom. I skipped over to grab my own mother’s hand and go back to get some sleep in preparation for the four days I’d be spending in the sun with my new friend, Garrett.

But the four days came and went quickly and soon I was hugging Sir Bedhead goodbye with tears in my eyes, telling him to write to me. As I watched him in the van’s rearview mirror he clutched the piece of paper with my address on it to him and waved sadly after me and I waved back, crying from what I didn’t realize was my first true heartbreak.

School started a week after I returned home and still no message had come from my best friend of five days, and as the days, weeks, and months passed, we grew apart. And so ended the adventures of Sir Bedhead and Princess Chasity.

Or so I thought.