Chapter 3: The Friend

He ran as quickly as he could to his next lesson. 

"God damn it John!" He said in his usual frustrated voice. 

He had been talking to John and Jade for so long that he had ended up walking with them to class. Now that wouldn't have been a problem if their English class wasn't on the other side of school. Jade had pointed this out as he almost followed them into their class. His response was running away cussing down the hall. In turn earning him a few odd looks. 

He burst into the classroom. 

"Well well well look who decided to turn up" said a voice to his left. Vriska Serket. School bully and the Queen Bee. He was about to respond when the teacher interrupted. 

"Miss Serket you will find that I will do the telling off not you as for yourself Mr Vantas I'm glad you've finally turned up. For being five minutes late you will be spending Monday lunch time with me. Now sit down" 

He glared at the teacher as he begrudgingly sat at the back of the class. The teacher continued to drone on about some random artist Karkat couldn't give a damn about. He didn't stay angry for long though. Once again his eyes were distracted. Karkat couldn't help it. Throughout the lesson he just couldn't look away. He thanked the gods that no one noticed. Well hopefully they didn't. It was so painfully obvious the way he was staring at her. 

The bell rung. Signalling his freedom from the horrible building known as school. He trudged off the bus. His house wasn't too far from the bus station which was so convenient right now. He felt so tired yet the annoying butterflies wouldn't leave him alone. Once he had arrived at home he checked all the rooms downstairs. He sighed in relief. No older brother in sight. No lectures. Kankri was possibly the most annoying person in the world. The worst thing was that he was his brother. Karkat, taking advantage of this, stomped up the stairs as loudly as he could. Quote: 'Karkat you should never stomp up the stairs. You could seriously trigger someone with the loud noises you cause. Even worse you could have woken someone up'.

"Ha yeah right! As if anyone could hear me right now" 

He walked into his room. The curtains were drawn still from this morning. His room was fairly big. Equipped with a gray bed, purple computer and a wardrobe. Not that there was much use in a wardrobe. Everyday he would just dump his spare clothes all over the matching gray carpet. Kankri always cleaned up after him. Today however he was missing in action. His walls however were a different story. His keen interest in Romcoms kept the walls clean and neat with all the posters. Name a Romcom and he has a poster of it. Tis a wonder that he hadn't run out of wall space yet. He still had the ceiling if it came down to it. Placed on his bed was his head set. One of the best inventions this century in his opinion. A portal to the well known game Sburb. Karkat threw his bag against the wall. It landed with the usual thunk. Dashing to the computer he logged on and checked his messages. Sburb itself was a interesting game and a way to communicate with people. Anyone in the game could contact you if you talked in the chat log in the hub session. There were many of these for different parts of the world. Last time he checked there were three or four hubs. In those main hubs would be the mini-sessions. Mini-sessions had their planet own planet and story line. This was owned by players. They were always given a planet and the name was chosen after you answer a series of questions. He used his computer instead of his headset. The computer could access his in game inventory and chat logs but to actually play the game he had to use the headset. Someone was trying to pester him.

gallowsCalibrator [GC] started pestering carcinoGeneticist [CG]

GC: H3Y CG JUST GOT B4CK FROM SCHOOL

GC: 1 C4NT PL4Y 4 S3SS1ON W1TH YOU TOD4Y

CG: WHAT WHY NOT? IF IT WAS BECAUSE I DIED DURING LAST NIGHTS BOSS BATTLE IT WASNT MY FAULT

CG: THAT DENIZEN IS WAY TOO OVERPOWERED WHICH ISNT FAIR FOR US PLAYERS TO DEAL WITH

GC: NO 1TS NOT TH4T 1 W4S 4SK3D BY 4 FR13ND OF M1N3 TO H3LP TH3M W1TH ON3 OF TH31R S3SS1ONS

CG: WHAT!!! WHY CANT THEY DO IT THEMSELVES 

GC: TH3R3S ONLY 4 OF TH3M

CG: A OF THEM?

GC: FOUR

CG: WHAT THE HELL WHY DO THEY NEED YOUR HELP!!! THERE'S FOUR OF THEM WHAT ON EARTH ARE THEY DOING

GC: TH3Y H4V3 D3F34T3D ON3 OF TH3 S3RV3R PL4Y3R'S D3N1Z3N

GC: TH4T H4S UNLOCK3D TH3 SL4B SO H3 C4N 4SS3ND TO GOD TI3R

CG: SO WHY HAVENT THEY TELEPORTED BACK OUT OF THE DUNGEON

GC: TH4T'S TH3 P4RT TH3Y 1GNOR3D

GC: TH3 TR4V3LL1NG B4CK C4N B3 WORS3 TH4N TH3 BOSS B4TTL3S

CG: WOW I FEEL SO INFORMED

GC: SHUT UP 4ND W4IT FOR M3 TO F1N1SH

GC: ONC3 TH3 PL4N3T'S D3N1Z3N 1S D34D TH3 PL4N3T 3NT3RS H4RD-MOD3

GC: TH1S M4K3S 3V3RY MONST3R H4RD3R TO B34T 

CG: WHAT THE HELL?!!! THATS NOT FAIR

CG: WHY ARE WE TRYING TO KILL THE DENIZEN ON MY PLANET THEN? IT'LL JUST MAKE THINGS HARDER FOR ME

GC: J3GUS CG WHY DONT YOU R34D TH3 Q&4

GC: OR W3R3 YOU NOT L1ST3N1NG

CG: ITS JUST FULL OF RIDULOUS NONSENSE WHICH PROBABLY SPOUTED OUT OF A GRUBS MOUTH OR WHATEVER THE GAME CALLS A BABY TROLL

GC: D3F34T1NG YOUR PL4N3TS D3N1Z3N UNLOCKS YOUR GOD T13R SL4B. WH3N YOU ACC3ND TO GOD T13R YOU C4N FLY 4ND 1T UNLOCKS 4LL OF TH3 H1DD3N POW3RS TH4T YOU COULD'NT 4CC3SS B3FOR3

GC: TH3 MONST3RS 4R3 H4RD3R TO B34T B3C4US3 TH3N ITS E4S13R FOR GOD T13RS TO L3V3L UP

CG: WELL THATS JUST ANNOYING

GC: LOOK 1 D1D'NT M4K3 TH3 G4M3

GC: NOT MY RUL3S

CG: YEAH YEAH I KNOW SPARE ME YOUR LONG NUMBERED RANT

GC: *GC ROLLS H3R 3Y3S 4T CG*

CG: OH MY GOG STOP WITH THE ROLE PLAYING

CG: AT LEAST WAIT UNTIL WE'RE IN THE GODDAMN GAME

GC: W3LL TH3N JO1N M3 >;D

The Knight of Blood looked away from the computer screen and stared at the headset on his bed. A few years ago it was named the Oculus Rift but another company had brought the rights of it and improved it. Now it literally sent you into the game. The headset was based off of an anime called Sword Art Online or at least that's what the company claimed. It was strange for a baking company to start engineering gaming consoles all of a sudden. Of course the console was a huge hit. By now everyone had one. Sadly the only game that you could play was Sburb. The baking company wouldn't let anyone else make games for its new console. Typing a quick reply to his online friend he lay down on his bed. Slipping the headset on and switching the on button he waited to be transported to the online world. 

AN: Sorry for the long wait. I should have updated ages ago but there was a lot of homework from school add to the fact that I didn't know whether I should have added this in. If you don't know what Sword Art Online is I suggest searching it up and reading a bit on the headsets they use. It's difficult to explain. Have a good night/day!