Chapter 6

Josh's P.O.V.

As my alarm finally went off at 3 am after not even getting a wink of sleep all night, I got out of bed and packed. It made me really think. Emily was mine. All mine. She was perfect. The girl of my dreams. I just didn't know how we could possibly make it work. She has school. Her whole life is here in Toronto. I grabbed my suitcase and met Matt, Mike and Ian in the hotel lobby.

"So what happened yesterday, man?" Ian asked.

"I told her everything. She knows about Amanda. I asked her to be my girlfriend..."

Their mouths dropped.

"Yeah." I continued. "She said yes. I just don't know what I'm gonna do. She lives so far away."

"I think you guys could make it work." Matt smiled.

"Thanks man." I smiled back.

"What are you gonna do about Amanda?" Mike asked.

"Thats what I'm worried about. What if Chris lied or something? What if she didn't really cheat on me?" I wondered out loud.

"I'll be honest dude, I've never really liked her..." Matt frowned.

I shot him a look.

"Sorry! I've just never really found her to be the trustworthy type." he continued.

"Also, she smokes. And who knows what else. She's a bad influence on you, Josh. You're trying to quit smoking and I don't think she's helping..." Mike put his hand on my shoulder and gave me a sorry look.

"I agree with Mike and Matt. Just look at our girlfriends. Kim and Megan. They're amazing. And take Nicole as an example. She wasn't trustworthy and we all kept warning Matt and what happened? She cheated. Don't trust Amanda." Ian joined in.

I looked at them. "Thanks guys. I'm really glad you support me and her. I was worried I would get judged because of her age..." I trailed off.

"Dude we would never judge you. Age is just a number right? You can love whoever the hell you want." Matt laughed. I smiled at him.

"Ok guys we have to go. The car is waiting outside." Mike mentioned.

We ran out to the car, got in and drove to the airport.

Emily's P.O.V.

I woke up at 11 am. "Josh is probably back in Vancouver by now..." I thought. I lay in my bed for the next hour just thinking about Josh when I finally decided to get out. I put on my dark blue and beige striped long sleved sweater with my white shorts. I checked my phone. One text from Josh!

Sent at 11:45 am. "Hey babe, we arrived in Vancouver about 10 minutes ago. I can't stop thinking about you. Skype me tonight. -J"

I texted back. "I'm glad you're safe. I can't stop thinking about you either. What time will you be on? -E"

2 minutes later, I got a reply. "6:00 my time, 9:00 your time? -J"

"Sure. Talk to you then. xo -E"

I put my phone down and got ready for the day. I didn't really know why I was getting ready. i didn't have any plans. I sat down on my bed and put in my headphones. All of a sudden, my mom came into my room. I took out my headphones and looked at her.

"Honey..." she sounded disappointed.

"Mom? Whats wrong?" I wondered what I had did wrong recently. Nothing came to mind. Well, accept for Josh... but she couldn't know about that. Could she?

"I got a call from Toby last night. He said Josh hasn't been around all day. He hasn't picked up his phone or answered his texts. Do you know anything about that?" she gave me a sassy look.

"No mom. How could I?" I lied.

"Well he seemed pretty interested in you when we went to meet him and the guys." she still had a sassy look on her face.

"Mom! No. I mean, we text and stuff, but we're just friends!" I lied again, putting my headphones back in. She came over to me and took them out.

"Emily, listen to me!" she yelled. "He's a bad influence on you! I know about his past."

"His past? What about his past?" I thought. "Mom, his past?" I asked her.

"Well, apparently he's done some things in the past that aren't very... good." she frowned.

"Like what?!" I felt tears starting. This was really frustrating. No. I'm not going to cry. I held them back.

"I don't know..." she started. "I just know that he's done bad things in the past. It's what I've heard anyway. And plus, Emily, he has blue hair, tattoos, and he's a rocker. And he's what, 30?! BAD INFLUENCE."

"MOM!" I yelled. I took a breath and calmed down. "He's not 30. He's 28. And you don't know him! Besides, we're just friends!" I kinda felt bad about lying so much... but whatever.

"Fine. Just, be careful." she sighed. I gave her a "Ok whatever!" look and she walked out. "Josh's past? Strange. Should I ask him about it? No. If he wants to tell me, he will." I thought to myself. I put my headphones back in and lay back down on my bed.

Josh's P.O.V.

I texted back Emily telling her what time we would skype. This might be more difficult considering the time differences... oh well. The car pulled up to my house and I went inside. Wow. I'm home. It doesn't feel as good as it usually does. I went downstairs to my room in the basement and started unpacking when I heard a knock at the door. It couldn't be Emily... could it? I ran to the door as fast as I could, almost falling up the stairs in the process. I opened the door and froze when I saw who was standing there in my doorway...

A/N: DON'T HATE ME!!!!! I just want to keep you guys interested. If I get at least 2 comments telling me to update this, I shall. Also, comment who you think is at Josh's door! Thanks for reading! Sorry it was a bit short but a lot happened in this chapter! Also I've been quite busy with random shenanigans and such. Tell EVERYONE YOU KNOW about this story. Lol. But seriously, I'd really like people to read it! Thanks so much guys. 

xo

~Lane~