Chapter 2

Emily's P.O.V.

"Emily, I have to go with Toby to check something with the show. Just stay right here I'll be back in about 10 minutes!" said my mom as she walked out the door with Toby.

Great. Alone with four 30 year old dudes. What do I do? What do I say?

After about 30 seconds of awkward silence the blue haired guy spoke up.

"Hey, I'm Josh." He said, smiling.

"Emily. Nice to meet you, Josh." I smiled back.

"You too Emily. So are you going to the MMVAs tomorrow?" he said as he sat down on the couch beside me.

I looked up at him wondering why he sat beside me and I said, "Yeah. I'm really excited. You guys are performing right?" I asked, trying to continue the conversation.

"We sure are! We're super excited too." he smiled. Matt, Mike and Ian were just sitting around the tables on their phones.

"Thats awesome. I've always wanted to perform on a stage." i said. "Wait why did I say that? He doesn't need to know that." I thought to myself.

"Oh! You're a musician?" he wondered.

"Crap! I hate talking about my music. I always feel like I'm bragging." I thought. "I guess so yeah." I said with a smile.

"Well what do you do?" he asked.

"I play a few instruments, write songs and sing." I said, trying not to sound too pretentious. Why was I telling him all of this?

"Thats sick! I want to hear you sometime!" he smiled.

I flirtatiously giggled, all embarassed. "What the hell Emily... are you flirting with him now?!" I thought.

"Well my dream is to get a record deal someday, so maybe you will!" I smirked.

He smiled. "I hope so!" he said.

"JOSH! Stop flirting and come here." Matt said.

Him and I both blushed. Josh ran over to Matt and he showed him something on his phone. Josh was so nice! They all were. I know my night will consist only of downloading all of their music. And Josh was cute!!

My mom and Tony suddenly walked through the door, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Ok honey, time to go. I'll see you right before the show tomorrow guys!" My mom said.

I got up and said goodbye to all the guys. Just as I was about to walk out the door, I heard Josh get up.

"Wait!" he yelled to me.

I turned around and he came up to me.

"I really want to hear you sing sometime. You seem like a really cool girl too. Maybe you could text me sometime?" He said, shyly. Then, he handed me a piece of paper with his number on it and 'Josh' written across the top.

"Sure. I'll put your number in my phone right now and text you." I smiled.

He smiled back at me. "Great."

Then me and my mom walked away back to her office.

Josh's P.O.V.

I couldn't stop smiling. She seems like such a cool, chill girl. Just my type. I couldn't stop thinking about her. Toby walked back out of the room. He probably had a meeting or something.

"Dude, what the hell was that?" Ian asked.

"What?" I said

"You gave her your number..." he laughed.

"Yeah? So?" I said, confused.

"You totally liked her didn't you!" he teased.

"Shut the fuck up man!" I blushed.

"Josh, just be careful. She's so young, and we're always busy. And besides, you have Amanda. If she's into you and she found out you had a girlfriend, she would be heartbroken." said Mike. Mike gives the best advice. He's like a giant teddy bear. If you're feeling down or you need advice, Mike's always there.

"Mike, you sound like a movie." Matt laughed, started in the conversation.

"Well the man needs advice if he really does have a thing for her!"

"Guys, I just met her. So shut up!" I yelled.

They all just gave me a look.

"Damn... sorry. But Mike's right. Be careful. Think about Amanda." Ian said.

"Ok guys, I have to tell you something." I turned serious.

They all looked at me in confusion.

"Amanda cheated on me..."

"WHAT?!" they all said at once.

"I don't know what to do..." I continued.

"Well do you still love her?" Mike asked.

"Well, I mean, I don't know. We had been fighting a lot before. She gets on my nerves a lot. When I found out this also made me furious. I think I'm going to end it."

Tony came back into the room.

"Are you guys ready to go?" he asked.

We nodded and left the room. I couldn't get Emily off my mind. All of a sudden, my phone buzzez with a new text message, I pull it out of the pocket of my super tight jeans as quickly as i possibly could, hoping it was her. I looked down at my phone.

"Hey, it's Emily :) -E"

Butterflies rushed through my stomach in excitement. I added her number in and text back right away.

"Hey Emily! I'm really glad you texted me. -J"

I didn't hear a reply after that. I guess she got busy. "I'll call her later tonight. that would be better than texting her."  I thought. I needed to hear her voice again. I looked out of the window of the car and up at the sky. I wish I could see her again... I want to get to know her. I've never believed at love at first sight until I saw her. Cheesy, I know.

Ok. I know she's really young and I barely know her, but I think I've got it bad...

Emily's P.O.V.

I couldn't stop thinking about Josh the whole ride home. I tried to stop. I know it's wrong. I can't fall for a 28 year old guy... he's almost twice my age! I got out my phone and texted him. Then I put my apple earbuds in and blasted Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides. I looked out the window as I started to hum along. Then, my mom tapped me on the shoulder and I took out one of my earbuds and looked at her.

"So what did you think of the guys?" she asked.

"They seem cool." I said as i looked out the window again.

The thing about my mom is, she's really protective. So is my dad. No boys allowed at my house. Ever. When my mom finds out I have a boyfriend, she gives me this whole speech about how dissapointed she is and how I don't need a boyfriend right now.

I put my earbud back in and started humming again. My mom and I didn't talk for the rest of the ride.

A/N: Sorry it was short! I tried to post the first few chapters in the same day so you really get a feel of the story. So what do you guys think? Should I continue it? Comment and let me know! :)

~Lane xo