Chapter 1

A/N: My first story! I hope you guys like it!!

Emily's P.O.V.

FINALLY. My last exam of the school year! I'll be honest, I didn't study once and I didn't listen in class all year. But whatever. It's only science.

I run out of the school not even saying anything to anyone. Not even, "bye! Have a nice summer!" No. i was out of there. I hopped on the subway and went home. FREEDOM. 

So, let me tell you a little bit about me. My name is Emily Labelle and I live in Toronto, Canada. I have brownish blonde wavy hair and I'm super short. I always have been. I'm only 5' 1"! I'm almost 16. I play piano, guitar, bass, drums, and ukulele. I also sing and write songs. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a music nerd. Oh, and I also hate school. Almost everyone there pisses me off. My best friend's name is Jessica, but everyone calls her Jess. She's really the one in that hell we call school that I don't want to punch in the face every second of the day. She's obsessed with finding out about new bands and spends every waking moment listening to music. Just like me. My mom recently got a job as a producer at MuchMusic. I think it's pretty awesome! The only thing is that she has to work late a lot of nights. My dad works at CBC television. Also cool, but I love going to MuchMusic and meeting/seeing celebrities all the time.

So thats me. A total music nerd that dreams to someday have a record deal. I know, pretty un realistic.

I changed out of my school clothes and just put on some grey sweats with a Hedley tour t-shirt. I was sitting in my basement studio strumming some chords on my guitar when my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID.

"Hey Jess"

"Emily! Are you going to the MMVAs this weekend?!"

If you havent heard of the the MMVAs, they're an award show on MuchMusic. My mom produces it.

"Yeah! I'm so stoked!!" I shrieked.

"Well are you taking anyone?" she asked.

"Of course I am. I'm taking you!"

"WHAT?!" she squealed. "When were you gonna tell me?!"

"I don't know. I got busy. I guess I forgot." I chuckled.

"Screw you!" she laughed.

"Well I'll see you on Sunday. Come to my house around 2:00."

"Ok. Thanks so much girl!"

"No problem. See you later." Then I hung up.

I was really excited. So many people were going that I loved! Ed Sheeran, Down With Webster, Avril Lavigne, Hedley... and so many more! Only 2 more days!

My phone rang again. The caller ID read: Mom

"Hello?"

"Hey Emily!"

"Hey Mom. Whats up?"

"Well I was just wondering, you wanted to go to the eaton centre for some clothes for camp right?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Well I was thinking you could come down now. I could go with you. It's almost my lunch break!"

"Oh ok that sounds awesome! I'll text you when I'm there." i said

"Ok bye sweetie"

"Bye mom"

I changed out of my comfy clothes and into my black ripped leggings and just kept on my Hedley tour t-shirt. I brushed through my hair and left it down. Then i threw on my black converse and left the house.

I took the subway down to Queen Station and walked into the eaton centre. I texted my mom to meet me outside HMV. When she showed up, we went to Old Navy, Top Shop, and some other places and bought a bunch of stuff.

"Shoot!" she said.

"What?" I asked.

"I have to go back to work. Right now! Theres this band that's there and I need to talk to them about the show! Do you want to come with me? We can drop all the bags off in my office."

"Sure." I said.

We walked back to the MuchMusic building that was only about a 5 minute walk away. We dropped the shopping bags off in my Mom's office.

"Come with me. I can't leave you here alone." she said.

I followed her into the elevator and we went to a place in the building that I've never been to before. I was guessing it was just green rooms and stuff. We walked around a corner and I saw my mom hugging this guy.

"Hi Shannon" He started talking to my mom.

"Emily, this is Toby." she said. "He's a really great friend of mine that works at Universal Music. He stayed at our cottage before with his wife. Anyway, he's here with the band that I have to talk to."

"Nice to meet you" I said as i shook his hand.

"You too." He smiled.

We all went into a room full of 4 guys. I was guessing that was the band 

"Shannon and Emily, meet the guys of Marianas Trench!" He introduced them.

I smiled.

Ohhhhh! I have heard of this band before. They had that song Beside You. That was a pretty good song.

"This is Matt, this is Mike, thats Ian, and over there is Josh."

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Shannon, and this is my 15 year old daughter, Emily." she introduced me.

"Hey." I replied awkwardly.

I shook their hands and sat down and took out my phone as my mom talked to them. I looked up and I realized that the one with the blue hair was starring at me. I think his name was Josh. I smiled and looked down at my phone again. I looked up again every once in a while and each time I did, he was starred at me again and awkwardly looked away. Wasn't he like, 28?? He was kinda cute though...

Josh's P.O.V.

"Wow... She's beautiful...."  I thought to myself as she walked in. "Wait. What am I saying? She looks like she's about 13! No. I can't think like that. Imagine how much I would get judged. Besides, I have Amanda. My girlfriend." I couldn't stop starring at her.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Shannon, and this is my 15 year old daughter, Emily." her mom introduced her.

"Oh. 15. That's not as bad but it's still pretty young..."  I thought. I shook her hand and smiled at her. Then she sat down on the couch with her phone. I didn't really listen to what her mom was saying. I was just starring at her the entire time, looking away when she looked up hoping she wouldn't notice. Hoping everyone wouldn't notice...

A/N: So this was the first chapter!! I think I'm going to keep writing it so let me know what you think! :)