Chapter 6

Chapter 6 ( not edited)

          I woke up the next morning feeling quite refreshed as I did my normal morning duties.  I had a feeling today was going to be a good day.  Browsing through my closet I picked my navy blue pencil skirt that was an inch above my knees.  Along with black vintage stockings and, a tight flower printed long sleeved shirt.  To top my outfit off I grabbed my tan combat boots and straightened my short hair.

          “Honey come eat your cream of wheat so you won’t be late to school.”  My mother called from the bottom of the stair case.  I internally groaned grabbing my satchel and book bag before heading down the steps. I hurried to finish off my food so I wouldn’t be late for school.

          “Sarah I’ll be waiting in the car for you!”  I quickly put my dishes in the sink and grabbed my things.

          “Why are you so dressed up today?”  My mom asked once I came into the car.

          “No particular reason I just like this outfit.”  I said staring out my window.

          “I hope it’s not because of that boy who dropped you off he looks like trouble.” She shook her head turning into the school parking lot.

          “No mom I wanted to look nice for me. And you shouldn’t judge people you don’t know.”  I said grabbing my belongings stepping out the car walking to the school building.  Talking back to my mother like that gave me a new found confidence.  I feel empowered something I’m not used to feeling. Now that I think about it I’m physically and mentally tired of feeling weak and useless.  I can’t hide behind Jessica anymore I need to start being my own person. As I thought some more I collided into something hard.

          “Sarah could you watch where your going?!?”  He said holding me up from falling to the ground.  I was about to apologize but then something came over me.

          “Maybe if you weren’t engrossed in your phone you would’ve seen me.”  I stated fixing my skirt before heading towards my locker.