✒Introduction (old)

My name is Veronica Valor. I am respectfully-known as the Queen of Veritas, a world I am greatly proud to call home. At the age of five, (that's usually when the Gifted first develop their powers) I was blessed-I often think of it more as a curse-with great powers that no other person possessed. Everyone saw me as a great and powerful iconic figure, but I didn't want to be remembered just because of the powers I obtained; I wanted to be known for my selflessness; someone willing to sacrifice it all for a higher purpose. I wanted to leave a legacy for the next, and many generations to come.

Forbidden Forest, April 25, 1985; mid-day.

The mysterious forest held many secrets and bizarre creatures; but they weren't always creatures...they were once people-former members of the Supernatural clan. My team and I have taken on the task to subduing the cursed members, or to finally release them from their suffering.

We wondered aimlessly through the Forbidden Forest for an entire week doing research and experimenting as we went. Unfortunately, they were all failures; and with the sight of death and decay spread around, it was hard to keep our hopes up for a positive outcome. We had almost turned back multiple times just before we came across a remarkable temple. Its ancient texture and hieroglyphics showed signs of previous life. We took shelter inside.

We later made the place our main base of operations. We collected many cursed members and hid them away inside our laboratory; we worked our hardest to find them a cure.

Unexpectedly, an entire month had already gone by; even though I was accompanied by my team, I still felt cold and lonely most nights. I miss my family and friends back home but I must restore our homeland to the peaceful sanctity the Gifted have come to know and love.

Forbidden Forest, May 30, 1985; midnight

The sky cried most nights but this was the first time lightning shot across its tears. The weather wasn't a problem for us...what lurked in the shadows was. We had suffered a security breach-which was a common thing since there were beasts running around; we didn't think much if it at first, until there was a bang at the front door.

We geared up and rushed to the entrance. We weren't sure what awaited us behind those doors, but we didn't have time to hesitate. At that moment we knew our mission could've been the only chance at restoring the Supernatural clan to its former glory; and we weren't going to let anyone, or anything stand in our way.

The air was still. My hands slightly shaking as I firmly gripped upon the hilt of my sword. The doors broke open and to my surprise my two sons had barged in-it all went downhill from there. I swore to carry their burdens, but what stood behind them was too heavy even for me to keep balanced.

I'm afraid to say it, but that night marked the end of our mission, and the exhaustion of my well-being. I lived a short but self-fulfilling life; I was lucky to have the many friends that I did. My only regret in life would have to be me knowing that I had to leave my family behind...my sweet husband, and my two sons--not even old enough to fend for themselves, watched as I said my final goodbye.

I knew coming into the forest was beyond a high risk, but had I'd known that this would be my last mission, I wouldn't have made that promise to everyone. I failed and let everyone down.

The world as we know it is constantly changing; the spread of violence and hatred has corrupted our sacred land. I often say to myself: Hate, conflict, power, ignorance; greed...deception-these are the ingredients to make a full-course meal of destruction.

If we can't prevail over these selfish desires how will we ever grow from being enemies, promote positive prosperity, and advance as a whole-both the Gifted and the Mortals?

We were the fools who made the mess years ago, but now, sadly, the next generations must suffer to clean it up.

****

The curtain may have been drawn and I may be dead and gone, but remember this: We are all the same. We may be strange to you, but we bleed just like you, we suffer just like you, and we die...just like you. I have seen the future of Veritas, and it's time may be running out soon. I wish only to see the Land of Tranquility venture to new heights, but sadly I do not believe this will happen anytime soon, if not at all. That is why I am also afraid to say that I-the "Queen"-will be the cause of its upcoming destruction.

My name...is Veronica Valor, and even if not by my own will...I will rise again, and the darkness will come with me.