Chapter 19 - Elena

"Speak of the devil, here he comes," Darren smirks as Jackson approaches. But instead of the usual small smile on his face, Jackson looks irritated. Really  irritated.

Jackson catches me by surprise as he grabs me by my wrist and starts marching me toward the parking exit of the festival.

"Jackson!" I huff, but he ignores me, still marching me toward his car.

"Get in," he orders once we get there, holding the door open for me.

"This is almost considered kidnapping, Jackson," I grumble, reluctantly getting in the car.

"I'm not forcing you in any way, so this is not a kidnap," he replies, sighing.

"Not kidnap, huh?" I say, gesturing toward the tight grip he has on my wrist.

"Whatever," he says, letting go and slamming the car door shut.

"Where are we going?" I ask, as we pull out of the lot.

"Home."

"Home?" I ask, waving my arms up.

"Home," he says again, the exact same tone.

We pull up into our alley and he comes around to my side and opens the door for me again.

Still the gentleman I see.

"Well, see you I guess," I mutter, walking up my driveway.

"Elena!" he calls out. His voice echos down the alley, and I turn around as we lock eyes.

"You were talking with Darren. What about?" Jackson shifted his weight on the small slope that lead to the trunk of the tree. The tree was the only thing between us. It always was. But it was the bridge between us.

"You. It was all about you." I look at Jackson.

He stares at me, and in his eyes I see small drops of water. Tears?  What did I do now? I almost crumpled to the ground. I never wanted to hurt him. All I wanted was Jackson. I wanted to be his. He made me happy.

As I almost hit the ground, strong arms wrap around mine and hoist me up. His face was slightly hovering above my own and I could feel his hot breath on my nose.

"Me?" he barely whispered.

"You." I confirmed. Jackson stared at me and half smiled.

"Funny." He said as he lifted me up so I was standing. 

"Funny?" I question.

"Yeah." He said vaguely as he ran a hand through his hair. He stared at the street as if pondering something.

"How?"

"Well, Elena. We've switched places. I used to talk to Darren about you. We would talk around 3:00 a.m. talking about how much I love you." He looked to me again.

"You? You love me?"

"Yeah." He smiled. I smiled back at him.  And I did something that surprised both me and Jackson. I ran into him. I ran into his chest and hugged him tightly and cried.

"I love you so much Elena. I love you so much. I'm so glad I made you happy."

"Jackson? Promise me something?"

"Yeah?"

"Always stay with me. Forever. And keep this promise."

"I will stay with you forever." He said as he hugged me back. We stood there for a few more minutes until I decided to ask him one more question.

"Jackson?" I asked from his chest.

"Mmh?" He kept his head in the crook of my neck.

"Why did you want to make me happy?"

"Because you looked like a mirror. You looked like me times ten. I decided I would change my life to change another's. And along the way, I fell in love." I could feel the vibrations of Jackson's chuckling through his heart. I grasped at his shirt and hugged him harder (if that was possible).

"I love you, Elena."

"I love you too, Jackson."

--

(A/N)

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD!!!

ALL THE FEELS!!!

Finally, the day has come. We've wanted this for so long, since the beginning. We've come so far! Thank you for all the amazing support!!! I have been so excited for this! Thank you guys so much.

Comment, Share, Vote, Follow.

~ The WritingGeeks Team

P.S. Don't worry, the story isn't over quite yet. Stay tuned for the last few chapters!