Chapter 12 - Jackson

*This chapter dedicated to @tinny1234 for more awesome comments*

Here's yet another chapter today! Hopefully this makes up for the (basically) 3 to 4 months we didn't update. Enjoy!

******************

My eyes snap open to the sound of my phone ringing. Rubbing my eyes, I pick up, but slam the phone shut again once I realize it's just a telemarketer.

I'm still kind of hungover from last night. I can only remember snippets of it. I had a fight with my dad, I got in the car again, drove, and then I guess I ended up getting myself slightly drunk. At least I got home safely.

--

"Jackson, why the hell did you just run off! Do you have any idea how worried your mom and I were?"

"You mean how worried mom was?"

"Jackson, don't talk to your father like that."

"And you shouldn't talk to Elena like you did. She was scared, and it was all because of you."

"I can't help it that she's just like a little girl. Why are you even hanging out with that girl? And why aren't you keeping in touch with Maria anymore?"

"Don't bring Maria into this conversation!"

-

"Jackson, don't do this again. Jackson!"

"Leave me alone dad. I'm 18. I'm an adult. So shut up and go away."

-

"Why can't he just understand that he's ruining my life. And he was being an idiot to compare Maria to Elena like that, let alone bring Maria up at all. I really hate him."

-

"One Bloody Mary please."

"Coming right up. You okay?"

"Nope."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Nope."

--

I lie back down, trying to piece together the few memories of last night that I do have. After about 10 minutes of thinking about it, my head starts to hurt, so I get up and out of bed.

I walk straight past the living room where my dad is sitting reading the newspaper, and into the kitchen to grab an apple. Then I leave the house once again. At this point, there's no reason to stay. It will just cause more chaos. So, I head over to the first place that comes to mind - Elena's.

-

"Jack?" Elena questions, opening her window to talk to me. "Why can't you be normal and come to the door?"

"I think you asked me that last time," I smirk.

"And what did I say last time?"

"Um, I don't know. I think you shooed me around the house to the front door."

"Sounds about accurate. What do you need?"

I watch as the realization of last night appears on her face, as an apprehensive look replaces her almost-smiling face, and she looks down, avoiding eye contact.

"Hey, look at me Elena," I say.

She slowly turns her head back up.

"I just need to talk to you, okay? I can help sort things out. Yes, my dad's an idiot, but I promise I'm not."