Part 10: It's a Great View

I pull out of the Simulation and Tris's on her knees. I crawl to her and wrap my arms around her. There's tears on her face, but neither of us acknowledge them.
"I love you, Tobias." She whispers through a sob. "I didn't know she'd shoot you. I didn't. I'm sorry." She sobs into my shoulder.

"Beatrice Prior," I say, using her full name, "You did nothing wrong! That was the most selfless thing I've ever seen! You were willing to let her shoot you to save your family, and, well, me. I love you too, by the way." She grips my shoulders and stops crying.
"I don't get what you see in me, Tobias." She whispers.
"I see your smile, your teeth, your eyes, your laugh. I see you, Tris. And I love the view." I say. Well, way to go, Four. I chant to myself. That was the cheesiest thing you've ever said. I sigh.

"Tobias," She aww's at me. I shake my head and stand. "I've got to go. I'm going to go see my friends," She says, standing on the tops of her toes to kiss me. I internally whine when she pulls away.
"I love you!" I shout after her. I hear her laughter ricochet off the walls.
"I love you too!" She chuckles. I realize that in this moment, my life is perfect. I have Tris. She's mine. I have a job and a home and I've never been happier.

TRIS'S POV:

"I love you too!" My laughter ends abruptly when I see my friends. Uriah, Zeke, Will, Lynn, Marlene, and Shauna wait for me. They all hold dark, glass bottles in their hands. Alcohol, my brain remembers that day, when I was just an Initiate to Tobias. He wasn't even Tobias to me then. He was Four, the cautious, sadistic trainer and I was Tris, the small, weak, blonde Stiff. I sigh in memory.
"Tris!" Uriah shouts to me. I smile and walk towards them. Marlene places a dark bottle in my hands.
"Drink this!" She pressures. I gulp nervously. I know that this will end up bad, but do I care?! I think a break with no worries, no regrets will be good for me. I take a short sip from the bottle and it burns a trail of acid down my throat. I cough and Marlene laughs.
"That'a girl!" She chants. I smile and swallow another gulp. Uriah stumbles to me.

"You look amazing, Tris." He says loudly, pulling me aside. I blush intensely, I'm wearing the off-the-shoulder black top and jeans, and take another large swallow of the alcohol.

It burns considerably less and I feel warm on the inside. If it feels this good to be drunk, why isn't everyone drunk all the time?! I feel the best I have in a long time. No worries, what was I even worried about? Regrets? Bitch, please. Like I would regret this. I laugh as Uriah's fingers intertwine with mine. He pulls me down the many hallways of Dauntless, I should know them all, but in this state, I can't focus.

Uriah pins me up against the wall, his palms flat on the wall, caging me.
"Tris," He whispers, his breath fanning my face. "Look at me." He demands. I can't resist. I close my eyes and purposely ignore him. He whines.
"Tris, look at me." He demands again. I laugh and open my eyes, still not looking at his face.
"Please, Tris. Look at me." He begs. I roll my eyes and finally look at him. His usually playful smirk is gone. My eyes flick down to his lips then up to his eyes again.

"Tris, I-I" He gropes for words. "I like you, Tris." He explains.
"I like you too, Uriah." I say, confused. Of course I like him! He's my friend!

"No, that's not what I meant." I take another sip of the alcohol and he swipes the bottle from my hands.
"Hey! That's mine!" I pout as he downs the bottle in one sip. He throws it over his shoulder and it rattles on the concrete. He smiles and laughs out loud.
"Can I, um, try something? You probably won't remember any of this anyway, but still." He asks, unsure. I nod.
"I trust you." I say, meaning every word. I'd trust him with my life.

He leans down, his face even with mine and just lightly brushes his lips with mine. He groans and presses his lips completely to mine.

What are you doing?! My subconscious yells at me. You're in love with Tobias! I shake off my conscience and wrap my arms around his neck. he deepens the kiss and lifts me up, pressing my back to the wall as my legs wrap around his waist. 

He tastes like alcohol and...chocolate. Dauntless Cake. He smells familiar and his hands feel nice touching the skin o my lower back as my shirt rides up.
"Uriah," I gasp.

A.N.

Hi....Um, it's been awhile. *Hides*
Sorry it took me forever to update!
I REALLY HATE SWITCHING POV'S. IT KILLS ME.

I, personally, loved writing this chapter.

In my mind, I kinda' ship Uriah and Tris.
Don't hate me, but yeah.
So, this was fun.
'Kay.
3 votes and 2 comments to update! (I'm starting this schedule thing)