Chapter 13: I Care Too Much

Ross' POV

Did that actually happen? Did Laura really slap Rydel? She must have or everyone wouldn't look like they had just seen a ghost.

"Ow!" Rydel cried out, even though Laura was already gone. "What is her problem? Laura has been a total bitch this week. Ross, what's wrong with her? You should know since you two are best friends."

"I don't know. I think the whole performing concept has gone to her head," I reasoned.

Riker then voiced, "Well it doesn't matter whatever's going on with Laura. All I know is we have to give her space before someone gets killed."

"Getting killed" may sound far-fetched, but you never know what Laura could do with all that has happened this week. Her boiling point could be reached at any time.

Everyone concurred on leaving Laura alone and we went to our different sections of the tour bus (with caution).

---

 I was laying down with my hands behind my head, attempting to come up with new lyrics to distract myself, but Laura kept crossing my mind.

Before she ran out, she had said "sorry." Was she going to stop being a diva from now on? One can only hope.

Thinking of all the wrong Laura had done made me feel down. But then I remembered all the fun, lively times we used to have.

I smiled at the thought. One of the best memories I have with her is from six years ago, when we were playing the piano next to each other in the music room back in LA. We were being really goofy, trying to playfully impress the other by playing all sorts of notes with our eyes closed or while texting someone. Sadly, Laura won. But then we decided to play a slow song on the piano. At the end of the song, our gazes locked, unable to look away. Slowly we began to lean in, eyes beginning to close, and we almost kissed. That was the moment when I realized I was in love with Laura.

Sure, we were only thirteen, so I pushed those feelings aside and tried to focus on music. But I kept thinking about her. More and more. Soon everything about Laura had fully consumed me and I was completely in love with her.

Now, on this tour bus, even with how Laura has been acting, I know that I can never hate her.

I love her.

---

Laura's POV

I am so upset with myself. I can't believe I was so mad that I tried to hit my best friend. And then I ended up hitting Rydel, so it was a lose-lose situation. Now everyone hates me and they're going to kick me to the curb because performing went to my head.

I'm crying so hard right now and the tears haven't stopped since I ran to the couch in the small living area.

But then it hit me. Oh no. What is Ross thinking? Our friendship will never be how it used to because I know he hates me. I  hate myself for what I did. I was so stupid. No one deserves to be treated like that.

I guess I should start packing my bags because I'll be thrown out of the band and the Lynch's lives soon.

Ross' POV

Where is Laura? I've been searching all over for her and she's not in her section of the tour bus. I then walked into the living area and there she was. Softly crying. Yet still beautiful.

Should I talk to her? Maybe she wants to be left alone. No I can't. If I ever want the real Laura to come back, I'm going to have to bring her out myself.

"Laur?" I hoped that saying her nickname would indicate I wasn't here to argue.

"Y-Yeah?" her face was stained with tears and makeup.

It killed me to see her like this. What I really want to do is cradle her in my arms and never let go, saying everything was going to be fine. 

I sat down next to her, but her body was faced away from me. "Are you okay?"

That's when she abruptly turned and hugged me tighter that ever before, still sobbing. Her body was basically covering mine so I had no option but to hug back. "I'm sorry Ross. I didn't know what I was doing. Everything went to my head. Please forgive me."

I closed my eyes and squeezed Laura firmly in my arms. I then felt my shirt dampening. Of course I could feel my heart breaking inside knowing she felt this way. "Of course I forgive you. I could never hate my best friend. We've been together for so long I can't visualize ever staying mad at you."

Laura released me, delighted at my response. I saw the tears stop falling and once again, she sprung onto me, her head on my chest. "Thank you, Ross. I don't know what I would've done without you. I can't imagine us ever being separated."

I was grinning from ear to ear, but of course Laura couldn't see it. My heart warmed and pounded faster every second I was caressing her. A comfortable silence hovered in the air as we sat there, embracing one another.

I never wanted it to end, but it had to when Laura sat back up, worried. "But what about R5? They're still upset with me, aren't they? Especially Rydel." She was looking down to her lap.

I pulled her closer to me and lifted her chin to see her brilliant brown eyes staring into mine. "We'll find a way to get them to overlook this. Besides, I'm always here for you."

Laura then nuzzled up to my chest entirely with a hug. "I'm always going to need you in my life."

Again, the heart pounding and flapping butterflies returned. I didn't say anything after that, but I didn't need to. The silence spoke every emotion.

Laura looked so peaceful below me as if I was her savior, her boyfriend. My eyes were fixed on her face and how perfect she appeared with tear-stained makeup. I watched her innocent expression change in a flash to exhibit anxiety. She then burst out, "Why are you helping me, Ross? How did you efface my behavior so easily?"

My body relaxed. "Oh, Laura. You know I care too much about you." That's when I got another idea for a plan. "And now I know the perfect way to make it up to them."

***

Hey! There's chapter 13! OMG there's only 7 chapters left! :O Don't worry. Raura is coming. ;)

I need to know those KCA nomineeeeessss. A&A, Ross, Laura, and R5 better be nominated.

Until next time!

Stephanie (yesifeelgoodr5)