Chapter 4: Wish I Could Be There

Laura's POV

I don't know what to say. No one has ever been this generous to me. This is a big decision. A choice that will either make my life the dream I've always wanted or leave me wondering what could've been.

Do I want this? I mean, Ryland is a great DJ and all, but would it ever be the same? Would I ever get to have these moments of watching and admiring my best friends perform? Or would it all change when I either become famous or fall flat on my face and make a big fool out of myself?

It took a lot of thinking and convincing myself before I came to a conclusion. I trust Ryland, but something didn't feel right. I should be able to get to the top of the charts without any help. Did all those big stars become famous because someone else did the hard work for them? No, they earned it. Because of their own talent. And that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to show the world who I am. I can't take credit for Ryland's work.

"I'm sorry Ryland. I don't think I should. I know you're an amazing DJ, but that's not earning my way to the top. If I'm ever going to achieve my dreams, I want it to be my own hard work, not yours," I say, hoping he'll understand.

"I get it. I'll admit, it did seem like a little much to help with almost all of the song. But hey, if you ever need anything, I'm here for ya," I smiled. I'm glad I have friends like Ryland I can count on.

---

R5 came running backstage after the show, before they went to sign autographs. Ryland had left to make sure everything was in order. Ross happily jogged up to me with a wide smile on his face.

"Laura! Thank you so much for your advice. I felt the most relaxed I've ever felt during a concert. It's like you knew exactly what I was going through! You should be a professional." Ross complimented.

"Just call me your personal therapist," I said cheerfully.

"Ha, sure. Well the good thing is, I can get an appointment any time I want," Ross replied playfully.

I rolled my eyes while smiling.

Ryland then came over to us after talking to a security guard. "Ross! You guys did amazing! I thought you would be way beyond nervous for this show," he laughed, suddenly remembering something. "Remember that time in New York when you were so scared that you-"

"Yeah! We all remember. No need to take that walk down memory lane!" Ross really doesn't want to think of what happened in New York. Instead he quickly changed the subject. "You shouldn't be congratulating me. It was all because of Laura. I wouldn't be here without her," Ross then slung his arm over my shoulder. It's no big deal, we're best friends.

Ryland nodded his head, then whipped it around because of something. "That's nice, but, um, the R5 family is screaming for you guys to get out there. Ross, you have to get out there right now or else my ears are going to start to bleed," Ryland started pushing Ross towards the back of the venue to leave. The screams only got louder when Ross opened the door. And if you thought they were loud from behind the closed door, oh man, they were a thousand times louder with the door open. I'm surprised no one here has gone deaf yet.

"Okay! Bye! See you in an hour!" Ross shouted over the fans, cautious not to say my name in case the fans heard it and thought he had a secret girlfriend or something. Imagine if I was his secret girlfriend. That would be so weird. We don't even have any feelings for each other, hence the weird part. 

Ross ran to the table where the fans were pushing and shoving to get to the front. I turned around and saw Ryland screaming at Rocky, Rydel, Ratliff, and Riker to go to the autograph signing as well.

From where I was standing, I could still see Ross sitting on one side of the long table while R5 was getting seated at the table. Ross was happily greeting a starstruck fangirl that was pushing multiple CD's and posters in front of Ross. I love how he's always so calm with his fans. I'm pretty sure if he was feeling down, he would never show it in front of them. He has such a great personality to be around. I watch the happiness spread across the girl's face, wishing I could be there. In Ross' place, with all his great supporting fans. I don't mean to take it all away from him. But I do wish I could experience even a fraction of what R5 has. Too bad it'll never happen.

---

Ross' POV

As I sign the last CD from the fangirl, I look over at Laura. She faces me with a smile and gives me a thumbs up. I check my surroundings, being aware of the fans before smiling back at her.

Ryland then comes over to stand next to Laura so that they're both facing me. Laura's smile turns into a laugh as Ryland tells her a joke, sending joy to her flawless face. This also made me smile, seeing the girl I love happy. I wish I could be in Ryland's place. Being the one who makes her smile. I would be the perfect boyfriend. Meaning that I would do anything I could to keep her happy at all times. She should be with me, but I was stupid and never told her how I felt. Now she's single when she could be with me, the guy who's been there all along. But I never told Laura that I love her. We could be together by now. After I finish signing all this stuff, Laura would greet me with a big hug and kiss, telling me how proud she is of me. But no. I can't ever be with the girl of my dreams. All because I was too stupid to confess to her six years ago. Great job, Ross.

***

Yay! Finished chapter 4! I can't believe there are only 4 more A&A episodes. (tear runs down cheek)

Oh, and remember to vote using #KCAArgentina #AustinAlly on Twitter. We are currently winning, but who knows when Jessie could sneak up behind us. I don't live in Argentina, but it would be nice for A&A to win everything they were nominated for this year.

Stephanie (yesifeelgoodr5)