I Fell I Fell I Fell

It's been a year since I lost everything. My house, my car, my life.. all for the few hours of joy the needle in my arm brings. On the first night, disoriented from the high bought by my last cents, I got lost. A strange man tapped me on my shoulder. Because of the darkness, I couldn't make out his face, but I knew he was smiling. He told me "Move forward." and so I did. I walked forward right across the street. Without realizing it, I walked into a rehab center. I got in, I got better, I got out.

My first day sober in the outside, among a crowd of moving people, I saw the man. Dressed in black, with his face covered in shadows, even though it was noon. He told me "Move forward." and so I did. I walked and walked until I reached an office building with a sign out front "Now hiring". I got in, I got the job, I got promoted.

They threw a party for me. Everyone was there: my boss, my coworkers, the man in the shadows. He told me "Move forward" and so I did. I walked right into the men's bathroom and found a single needle on the sink. I lost everything, I lost everything, I lost everything.

I found myself on the rooftop, standing on the edge of the 40 story drop. The man was standing behind me. I didn't need to see him, I just knew. He told me "Move forward." and so I did.