Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I'm vegetarian? (13)

Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I'm vegetarian? (Chapter 13)

"You hold the answers deep within your own mind. Consciously, you've forgotten it. That's the way the human mind works. Whenever something is too unpleasant, too shameful for us

to entertain, we reject it. We erase it from our memories. But the answer is always there."

"You're not alone... never... never."

-Understanding by Evanescence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STd_ReduHMw (Understanding by Evanescence)

HYPERLINK "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3ORuIBjjBU (Bring me to life by Evanescence)

Spare a thought...

"VIOLET! VIOLET! WAKE UP! WAKE UP NOW!"

My eyes flew open, and a horrendous blood-curdling scream escaped my lips.

The numbness that blackout brings was fast fading, grief returning.

I felt all sanity beginning to leave my heaving body, my soul feeling as though it was being ripped into a thousand shards. My heart slowed to an impossible beat, time following its slow march. My chest burned, as though my throat was alight.

I heard my horrendous scream piercing the grave like silence in the room, echoing in its own chilling way around the walls. But I didn't care to stop.

All hope was gone.

Lily was dead.

Lily had given her message, and died.

It wasn't fair! She couldn't go! I needed her! She couldn't go, I need her!

"But she had gone," a cruel voice said from deep within my mind.

My voice?

Or someone else's?

I don't care.

It hurt too much.

She hadn't gone.

I don't believe it.

I felt myself being lifted from the ground, and I returned from my grief-stricken conversation with myself. I realized I was sobbing, and felt cold arms wrap themselves around my fragile self.

Somebody gently cooed into my ear, stroking my hair, gently rocking me back and forth. I saw a flash of blonde hair, and recognized Fabian, as other cold hands ran themselves across my back, tissues being passed, and occasional mumbles of;

"I'm so sorry"-

"It's okay, it's okay"-

Too weak to protest, I buried my head in his neck, sobbing, screaming, and blubbering for what must have been hours.

Lily. Not Lily too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hours later, I resurfaced, numb, cold, heartless.

I felt like I had been brought to life once more. Born into a world where nothing is just, or even fair.

I think I would rather take the pain.

Numbness, sometimes, is worse than the pain. You can't feel anything. Not a thing. No pain, no hope, no happiness, no fear. Just nothing.

A cold, empty shell.

Can you really live your life like that? Can you really live a life devoid of meaning?

Is it possible to breathe with a blackened heart, a dying rose? Can you really survive forever under an eclipse?