Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I'm vegetarian? (12)

Dinner with a vampire. Did I mention I'm vegetarian? (Chapter 12)

This is quite deep. The story has themes, and grief is one of them. And I haven't proof-read it either. It is pretty raw. You have been warned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73-V2A3NuWo&feature=channel_page

Room arrest.

They have put me under room arrest.

I have been stuck in this room for two whole days. It was the morning of the 7th of August, which means I had been stuck in this infernal mansion for a few hours over a week. I was keeping a tally on the wall under my bed. That is just how loopy I was going.

Stuck in a room with only a piano for company. (Which isn't all that bad really). You would go loopy.

And the food. The food! Vampires. Cannot. Cook. Period.

The past two days I have been surviving on cereal, cereal, and oh, did I mention cereal? I tell a lie. I got a cheese sandwich if I was lucky.

And all because Charity had been staying over. Why couldn't they put her under room arrest? Why?

On the bright side, she was leaving this morning. Which meant I was free.

Bad news is that means Kaspar would have a different whore over tonight.

It's a wonder the King even allows that, I thought to myself, as I lolled about in my room. I mean Kaspar is heir. I thought heirs were meant to be good little children?

I kept anxiously glancing at the clock, waiting for it to turn 10am. The second hand inched around, becoming slower and slower. Finally, the big hand reach the twelve, and I heard the roar of an engine outside. I rushed to the French doors, and peeked out.

Roaring away down the drive was a light blue Audi TT convertible, bleach blonde tramp driving. Well I hope a whole bunch of flies get stuck in her teeth.

FREE!

I rushed to the door, pulling it open, running and twirling my way down the stairs. Never take freedom for granted.

As usual I went skidding across the entrance hall. Man - this place was like an indoor ice rink! I pulled open the living room door, planning to make myself a fry-up. Everyone was gathered around the sofa's, some sat, some stood, staring at the television like it had blown up or something. I followed their gaze, slowly walking forward.

My face was plastered one hundred inches across on the TV, the words MISSING! above.

My mouth fell open, as I watched, stunned. My face. On the TV. My school photo from last year as well. (Typical!)

"That's... that's me!" I stuttered. Full points for stupidity. Declan looked up and acknowledged my presence, but said nothing. The others remained where they were, frozen in time. Eerily still, staring at the screen.

Suddenly the BBC News music came blaring through the speakers, and my mouth became wider, if that was even possible. I was on the news.

The music finished, and the news anchors looked up.

"Our first story today. Violet Lee, daughter of the Secretary of State for Defence, Michael Lee, has officially been reported as missing."

My face popped up once again.

"Miss Lee was reportedly last seen on the night of the 31st August at around 1am, in the area around Trafalgar Square. Fears have arisen that she may have witnessed the murder of thirty men on that night - dubbed London's Bloodbath, and been taken by the killers. A search is under way by the Metropolitan Police, although there is little hope as Miss Lee is believed to be dead, although no body has been found."