Chapter 8

Kakashi's pov

"Well never thought I'd see you here old friend." A voice I knew but couldn't put a face to. I slowly turned around only to see a dirty blond haired boy with a black zip up sleeveless jacket, a fox tattoo on his left shoulder, black ANBU pants, black ninja shoes, fingerless gloves, a katana strapped to his back and a Suna haiti-ate tied loosely around his neck. (A/n: see picture for a reference)

"Uh do I know you?" I asked trying to figure out where I had seen him before.

"Have I really changed that much?" He asked while the kids behind him looked confused. I nod still not sure who it is.

"It's me your old partner Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze." He said and my eye widened in shock.

"Naruto." I mutter and stand up before giving him a hug.

"Whoa there Kakashi I didn't know you missed me that much." Naruto said hugging me back.

"Sensei why is he hugging you?" The girl of the group asked Naruto.

"Naruto I didn't know you became a sensei. Anyway I'm Kakashi Hatake Naruto's team mate when he was an ANBU here." I said introducing myself after I let go of Naruto.

"Really!" A dark green haired boy asked sounding excited. I chuckled, while Naruto sighed facepalming as the other two genin sweat dropped.

"Is he always like this?" I ask.

"No not usually but this is his first time in another village." The white haired boy said while smacking the other up side the head.

"Come on in you three and get a bowl of ramen." Naruto said to his genins who nodded and sat down to the left of him.

"So why are you here, Naru?" I ask sitting on his right side.

"I'm here with The Kazekage for the chunnin exams that my team will also be taking." He said calmly trying to ignore the ANBU that had just walked in.

"Kakashi-san the Hokage wants you." He said I nodded and he body flickered away.

"Kakashi I hear that you don't read that porn anymore and don't come late anymore, why is that?" Naru asked looking over at me.

"Heh well let's say somethings have changed in the way this village acts and feels after a legend left." I said before ninja came into the ramen stand

My pov (a/n: my pov means author's point of view)

Suddenly the ramen stand was attacked by enemy ninja. Fighting ensued the owner and his daughter where being protected by Naruto's genin while Kakashi and Naruto faced off with the enemy ninja. The fighting went out into the streets where all the villagers and other ninja where all unconscious.

"What's going on?!" Naruto yelled blocking a blade with his own. Soon the the two former ANBU where separated from each other and the genins.

"S*" Naruto spat when more enemy ninja cornered him his chakra had been somehow drained and Kurama was trying to restore it but it wasn't enough. Before Kurama got Naruto's chakra restored Naruto had a sword plunged into his stomach. He dropped to the ground spitting blood, the enemy's just laughed and disappeared leaving Naruto for dead.

'Kit hang on.'

'Kurama.....'

'No! KIT stay awake!' Kurama yelled to Naruto. Kurama was trying to stop the bleeding but with the sword still in Naruto's stomach it seemed impossible. Naruto's breathing was light and was hurting him every time he took a breath. Naruto looked at the sword with one eye closed in pain, he was bleeding out and he knew it. He lay on his side looking out to the busy street. Kurama had enough of trying to heal him from the inside so he came out and was now standing in front of Naruto gently removing the sword. Naruto's eyes started to close but Kurama kept hitting him in the face with one of his nine tails keeping him awake.

"SENSEI!" Kurama heard Naruto's genin yell from the street a few feet away from the alleyway he was in.

'S* I can't leave Naruto to go get them or Garra and his siblings.' Kurama cursed mentally. Kurama's eyes widened in realization Kakashi was probably with them and he knows what his howl ment and so does Garra and his siblings! So that's what he did he howled as loud as he could which was super loud. A few minutes later Kakashi, Zen, Zek, Teia, Garra and his siblings either body flickered or ran into the alleyway the Hokage was also behind Garra.

"SENSEI/NARUTO!" Everyone but Minato yelled wide eyed. Timari and Teia immediately took out the sword and started healing Naruto while Garra and Kankuro questioned Kakashi, Zen and Zek and Minato summoned a few more medical ninja to help stabilize Naruto before he was taken to the hospital. Kurama looked at the group and poffed back into Naruto to help heal him faster.

"What happened?" Minato, Garra and Kankuro asked Naruto's genin and Kakashi.

"We where all just sitting in the ramen stand talking well Sensei and Kakashi-san where when some ninja starting attacking us Zek, Teia and I protected the owner and his daughter while Sensei and Kakashi-san where fending off the ninja." Zen started.

"The fighting went out to the street where we saw the villagers and other ninja where all unconscious from there Naruto and I got split up after that I don't know what happened, but the number of ninja I was fighting with lowered and then just completely disappeared. I didn't see any village symbols on them either." Kakashi finished.

"It would seem that Naruto was the one they where targeting but for what reason it could be a possibility that it was either because of who he was/is or who his parents are." Garra said thinking about why someone would want to kill Naruto.

"That could be a possibility but Naruto is a SSS-rank ninja there are many people who want him dead to many to name in fact." Kankuro voiced his feelings. Minato sat there quietly thinking about who would attack a body guard and not the Kage himself, Minato didn't even hear what Garra or Kankuro said.