Angelic: Chapter 25

I find it incredibly hard not to jump into the driver's seat and start kissing Rahim seductively.  Every time he looks at me that way that he does, I have an urge to just pull him into me and never, ever let him go.

     Unfortunately, I have a feeling that might jeprodize our lives.  I just might be able to hold off for a moment longer, presuming I can tackle him as soon as he stops the car.

     Needless to say, I'm hopelessly and madly in love with him.  The necklace I twirl around on my finger tips means as much to me as a wedding ring.  To me, it means that we'll be together forever.  Even insane angels won't keep us apart.  I love him forever.

     He stops the car much too early, idling in front of my school.  I rip my gaze from him to the doors, blocked by groups of students.  The choice is obvious.

     "We could play hookie," I say, smiling wickedly.

     "We could," he says, getting my hopes up. "But we won't.  You have an English exam."

     Staring at his full lips, perfectly messy hair, and long lashes, the English exam means nothing to me.  At this moment, I'd gladly flunk out of school just to have another moment with him.

     I cup his cheek, kissing him lightly. "Are you sure?"

     "Positive," he says, but his jaws clenched.  I know he's trying hard to say no.

     I sigh, and open the door.  There's no need for me to put a terrible attendance record on his conscience.  "Well, I'll see you after school.  Love you!"

     "I love you too," he says gently before zooming out of sight.

     "You two are so absolutely, disgustingly in love," a charming voice says from behind me.

     I turn to see Mia, her arms crossed, with a disgusted expression across her face.  Although she's controlled her expression, I can tell by the shine in her eyes that she's only kidding.

     Pretending that I didn't hear the 'disgustingly' part, I sing, "I know."

     She only rolls her eyes as we enter the school.  We don't even have to push through the throng of people, due to our extreme shine of beauty.  Everybody clears a path for us, almost subconsciously.

     Aaron, of course, is the only exception.  Rather than clearing the way, he joins me on my other side, throwing an arm over my shoulder.  "Hey Sari!  Awfully cheery today, aren't you?"

     Clearly, he's picking up on the fact that I haven't thrown his bubble-violating arm off of me.  "One month aniversary!" I boast, beaming.

     Aaron rolls his eyes, but doesn't comment.  He does, however, remove his arm.  He knows how close he is to being completely ignored.  It's amazing that I haven't kicked him repeatedly for consistently sitting with me at lunch.  Despite him always pushing me to my breaking point, he's a pretty good stalker, if I have to have one.

     I pull my locker open, shoving my backpack in and exchanging it with my resources for the day.  In the mean time, Ella shows up and starts babbling on to Mia about god knows what.

     I block out the chatter, focusing on what matters to me.  My mind is buzzing with excitement as I contemplate what Rahim has in store for tonight.  He told me it's a surprise, but that it's going to be romantic.  Simply thinking about it sets butterflies in my stomach. 

     "Sarionah?  Hello?" Aaron calls, waving his hand in front of my face.  I blush, slam my locker closed and turn face him.

     "What do you want?"