Angelic: Chapter 11

That night, I dream of Rahim again.  Shockingly, his eyes are still closed, and his mouth is parted open slightly in his sleep.  Why is he never awake in my dreams?  I know what color his eyes are.  Why are my dreams being so stubborn?

            Either way, Rahim is gorgeous.  I drift closer to him, hovering by the head of his bed.  I reach out to touch the side of his perfect face.  There’s no feeling.  My misty, nonexistent arm practically goes through it.  I’m in dream world.  I can’t touch him.

            “Sari…” he breathes, rolling over, away from me.

            I want to take a startling gasp.  I don’t think I can in dream world, because I don’t hear anything.  Either he was simply saying sorry to someone, or he said my name.  I drift closer to him again, letting my hand drift through his shoulder.

            “Sarionah…” he mumbles.

            My heart melts as he says my name.  “Rahim,” I breathe in response.  Suddenly, his eyes fly open and I’m back in bed, sitting straight up.

            That was…weird.  It was as if he knew I was there.  The moment I said his name, he came to consciousness.

            I glance at the iHome on my bedside table.  It’s five in the morning.  I groan, shoving my face into my pillow.  I should not be awake at this time, especially not on a Sunday.  Try as I may, I’m not tired.  I’m more awake than I usually am.  This boy is even messing with my sleep patterns!

            I yank my iPhone of the clock and see that I have two new messages.  One is from Jesse, the presumably gay boy from the movies, and another is from Brian.  I sigh, opening Brian’s first.  I HAD A GREAT TIME TONIGHT.  I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN.

                I groan, not bothering to respond.  The appropriate response would be ‘me too’ but that would be an utter lie.  I don’t have the heart to say ‘Go away and stop stalking me’ either.  I settle with saying nothing and check the message from Jesse.  RAHIM TEXTED ME AND TOLD ME HE GOT HOME OKAY.  YOU SEEMED WORRIED, SO I WANTED YOU TO KNOW.  BTW, QUINTON GAVE ME YOUR NUMBER.  I DIDN’T WANT TO SEEM LIKE A CREEPER.

                I giggle at that one.  The final confirmation that Jesse is gay.  Any normal guy wouldn’t realize how worried I was about Rahim.  Plus, most wouldn’t care if they seemed like a creeper.  Most guys wouldn’t use the word creeper at all.

            I send him a message back, THANKS.  IT WAS GREAT MEETING YOU.  YOU, RAHIM, QUINTON AND I SHOULD HANG OUT SOME TIME.  AND ANY OTHER FRIENDS YOU MIGHT WANT TO BRING (EXCEPTION FOR BRIAN.  HE CAN NOT COME.)

                I don’t expect him to respond back any time soon.  The only person who’s awake right now is probably Rahim. 

            A smile plays across my face.  Now would be a good time to talk to him.  He’s probably still thinking about me.  Plus, if his dreams are anything like mine, he won’t be falling asleep.

            HEY.  YOU AWAKE?

                The response comes seconds after I hit the send button.

            YEAH.  I WISH I WASN’T.  WHAT ARE YOU DOING UP?

                I smile to myself and type back, WEIRD DREAM.

                ME TOO

                WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW THAT YOU’RE AWAKE?