Chapter 17

Let me know what cha think :)

Asami sighed. She paced the floor, tapping her jawline with her finger. Bolin and Mako watched her. It had been 15 minutes and the bell had rung and they were still waiting.

"What do you think they're talking about??", Bolin asked.

Mako shrugged. "I don't know bro, but Mrs.Suyin needs to hurry up. I'm hungry".

Asami stopped pacing and glared at him.

"You and I both know what could be happening to Korra and I'm pretty sure Mrs.Suyin's figured it out. All this is going on and all you have to say is you're hungry??. Aren't you worried??".

"No", Mako said seriously. "Now that a teacher knows about Korra's dad, we don't have to deal with it anymore".

Asami was taken back. Deal with it??. What was this, a charity case??.

"Deal with this??", Asami said. "What do mean we don't have to deal with this anymore??. We never had to deal with anything in the first place".

Mako glared back at her.

"I never asked for this. I never asked to meet Korra. I didn't plan on befriending a girl who gets her ass beaten all the time and we have to carry the burden. I mean, you are always there for her and she just pushes you away. Like you said a few days ago, Korra lied all the time. She can't be trusted. Is Korra even her real name??. I don't wanna be around someone who is getting hurt and won't go for help. If you ask me, I think she's doing it for attention".

A vein was popping out of Asami's neck. She shook in anger.

"How dare you say that. Korra is our best friend and you're calling her an attention seeker??. I thought you were better than that. I thought you cared about her".

Mako sighed. "I do. But if she's not telling us when you've given her the chance to, then she doesn't deserve our help. She's just a little scaredy cat".

Asami's hands balled up into fists.

"First of all", Asami said. "Korra has been through enough in her life with her father. Don't you dare make ir worse by having her think that she did something to deserve it".

Asami placed her hand on her hip. She sighed.

"You're just hungry, Mako", she said. "Go to lunch. You'll think more clearly after you eat".

Mako sighed, rubbing his tired eyes.

"You're right", he said. "I'm sorry. I just".

Mako leaned against the wall, sliding down. He sat down in the floor. He looked up at Asami and Bolin.

"Are we really ready for this??", he asked.

Asami and Bolin looled at him silently.

"Are we ready to actually face what we wished for??. I mean, I know we wished to meet someone that needed us and we could help them and be heroes for once in our damn lives. But I don't think we were ready for this".

Mako looked at Asami.

"Korra is a piece of work. She lies to your face all the time and push us all away and all we do is take it. She's wearing you down, Asami. It's like she's become a part of your mind. She's all you worry about. Korra has you worried all the time. She's depressing and it's wearing us all down. Are we ready for this??".

Mako stood up. He looked at his best friends.

"We're already arguing. Are we strong enough to face the problem once and or if she admits there's a problem??. What if we can't do it??. What if it all goes wrong and something happens to Korra or one of us??. What do we do then??".