The Aftermath

Chapter 9: When predicting an earthquake, always make sure to predict the aftermath.

Eli sat on the couch flicking through the channels. He tried news but all that did was depress him... As if he wasn't depressed already.

Unfortunately for Eli, with everything that happened, he forgot entirely about school. Today was Sunday and Carrie said Eli needed to go tomorrow. After the past day's events, the brown haired boy didn't even think school was relevant.

School didn't hold many great memories for him.

He was popular... but as Marissa's little brother. And even then not many people acknowledged him.

Marissa didn't even look at him during school.

The only upside was James was attending school with him.

 The oaf with blue eyes and unnaturally dark hair made him feel wanted, believed him.

Speaking of the idiot...

Yesterday after his 'enlightening' talk with James, Carrie and him went to the Draxton house.

Frankly speaking the house was pristine. The family, if you could call it that, wasn't there and it looked like the furniture hadn't been touched in days.

Though when they got to Eli's room, there was nothing.

No clothes, books, not a single thing to even suggest that Eli Draxton had ever existed

The green-eyed boy still didn't know how he felt about this. Sure he felt upset at first. But after a few minutes he just felt numb. James held him and Simon told him he could borrow some of his clothes. Carrie just looked at him and said she would sort it out, told me there was nothing to worry about.

His thoughts traveled to the people he had lived with his entire life. As always he felt his gut twist when he thought of them. Marrissa and Mother, so cold and empy. His Father. It hurt him to think of it. His body was still sore from the beating he took.

They just erased him from the world.

He sighed.

Carrie told them that they were moving next week into a bigger apartment. It sounded fine to him. He was happy though that Simon would move in with them. Simon and Carrie were almost the perfect couple...

Which brings his mind straight into thoughts on him and James. He was really getting tired of this. He got no sleep last night over that situation. And today, James is ignoring him.

Whenever Eli waltzes into the same room as James, he's gone. It's like Eli has the plague or something. Which was not true last time he checked. You'd think after all those freaking emotional moments together, James would have the balls to talk to him about the kiss.

But no, it seemed he left them in his purse...

Eli huffed.

...Speaking of which, James has barely been was at the apartment. He's almost anxious, checking the clock every few minutes. Eli wondered what this was all about. It was deeply unsettling. Eli sighed.

They haven't even talked about the kiss yet...

XxXXxXX

James sat and thought.

He's been doing that a lot lately.

He looked around the room. The floral and and pastel print was supposed to be comforting... But it wasn't.

He stood up. He could hear the screaming, even out here. There was a loud screech before the silence.

James sighed.