House of Portals/House of Screams

Daniel, KT, Mr. Taylor, and Mr. Williams were all gathered in the secret room with the sarcophagi, awaiting Neith to give them the book. KT hoped that Sibuna was on their way to stop Daniel in time.

Suddenly, a beam of light came shining down from the ceiling to the podium Daniel had placed in the room, growing brighter with every second. It gave off a yellowish-orange hue and was almost becoming too bright to bear, but Daniel didn't take his eyes off it. In fact, he stared with great excitement and anticipation to the point where the bright light didn't phase him.

But before the book appeared, a goddess did. Tall and fair, her white gown flowing down to the ground and her brown hair pulled into a perfect bun. Her eyes were blue enough to bleed through the soul, and her entire presence gave off a faint glow around it.

Daniel bowed and the others in the room quickly followed and did the same.

"Rise," the goddess spoke.

The four of them did so.

"I suppose you all know who I am," she continued, looking down on them all. "But if you don't, I am Neith, the one you've been conspiring with all this time...But the last time I'd spoken with you Daniel, I was under the impression there were more of you."

"We've lost some along the way," Daniel admitted quietly.

KT glanced over at him with both a worried and disappointed look.

"Well the weak will die while the strong survive...isn't that right, KT?"

KT turned her head back to the goddess staring straight at her, awaiting an answer. Neith blinked patiently while KT just stood there, unresponsive.

"Unless you believe in a different philosophy," Neith continued. "Please do share if that's the case."

"No, I'd have to say I completely agree with you, your most high greatness...or something like that." KT muttered that last part to herself.

"Mhm." Neith paced a few feet. "What I'm here to tell you all, especially you Daniel, is that before I give over the book, a few stipulations have to be made clear. All the others...the Paragon, Osirion, and all those conspiring with them must be killed. And I mean that all of them are dead and gone by the end of this. And when I go to visit them in Duat, I want them to remember their pain as they took their last breaths. I want you to cause them pain."

"H-how?" Daniel asked.

"Recite page 56 in the book...A sacrificial portal will be opened that will take their lives. Little to their understanding, I believe; the last time they knew anything of a sacrifice, it was just that they'd lose their soul. But you can take them by surprise. And save the Paragon and Osirion for last. They deserve to watch the others die."

With that, Neith disappeared and the book materialized on the podium, instantly flipping to the designated page. Daniel combed his hand through his hair and approached the book.

~~~~~
The Sibuna members made their way into the gatehouse and up the stairs, straight to the room where they were sure everything would be happening. Before walking into the room, they were there in the corridor just as Mr. Taylor and Mr. Williams were coming out the room.

Eddie had the dream stone in his hand and as though with instinct, he held it up, sending beams of light to each of their throats, causing them to fall to the ground.

"Dude, did you just force choke them to death?" Alfie asked. "Like Darth Vader-style?"

Fabian knelt down and felt their pulses. "Just unconsciousness."